× Members

Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.

More
3 years 2 months ago #254967 by OUTLANDER
Replied by OUTLANDER on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hi guys.
Thankyou so much for your invaluable help.
I'm waiting to hear back from GP regarding supporting letter. Can I ask anyone if they have sent further supporting documentation into PIP assessor's after the official form has been sent in. My conditions have changed and since reading articles and watching mental health video on this site feel I need to address changes before my phone accessment.
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #254981 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hi Pamela, as far as I know it's fine to do this: Just be very sure of the usual ie your name and Nat Ins No topping every single sheet and a covering letter stating it is additional info etc, be good to include date they rec'd form if you have it from post office tracking. And of course keep copies and post tracked. Would not hurt once tracking says it has arrived, to call if you can, to check they have joined it up with the form.
Another time/for anyone else, always a good idea to put a note at the end of the form to say if you expect to be sending additional evidence. It often happens as you have got to beat the deadline with the form, but could be waiting for eg a doctor's letter.
Best , Denby

More
3 years 2 months ago #254993 by OUTLANDER
Hi.
Thankyou that's very helpful.

More
3 years 1 month ago #255880 by OUTLANDER
Hi. Just thought I'd update on GP letter I'd asked for regarding pip phone assessment and the effect on my mental health. I've spoken to GP secretary 3 times now with still no response from GP regarding the letter I'd requested. I just wanted a 'yes or no'. I feel this is very poor communication from my GP who actually is the mental health lead in my surgery. I again contacted GP secretary and pushed for a response. She called me and said she had spoken to the Practice Manager who told her to do a letter using my wording - not the GP's. This is not what I'd wanted but it's the best I can get.
Thankyou to the kind individuals who replied to my earlier posts.

More
3 years 1 month ago #255882 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hi Pamela

It may not be what you wanted, but it may be enough. Poor show on the part of your doctor who is supposed to be a mental health lead! Good luck with it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 1 month ago #255993 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hi Pamela, I hope it does the trick. If despite the letter they send you a phone assessment booking, my action for my daughter was this: I phoned up and explained it would cause her Overwhelming Psychological distress. The first person I got was unhelpful, so I just asked him for a callback from a manager. I tried again the same day anyway and got the most wonderful lady who cancelled the phone appointment and noted on her file to never call her. The result was a paper based assessment. It wasn't perfect but I was able to correct the errors by letter as soon as I got the report.
So if you can get someone to call on your behalf you still might be able to avoid being put through a phone assessment even if they try it on.
Ongoing best wishes, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.