× Members

Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256801 by OUTLANDER
Replied by OUTLANDER on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hi all
After sending off GP support letter, hospital documentation and a descriptor breakdown how my mental and physical conditions effect me daily - my PIP telephone assessment, which was due to happen on 22/02/21 was cancelled. At the time I was not given any reason for the cancellation. On the 25th Feb I received a letter which begins " We've looked at your case and still need to have a consultation with you". Honestly I'm at my wits end. If anyone else has experienced this it would be great to hear from you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256925 by charlie wouters
Replied by charlie wouters on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
good luck i had mine on the 22/2 the lady was very very nice on the phone but got assessment back 0 points on everything. my advice to you is to really really take your time in answering what she/he asks you to describe answer very slowly tell them you need time to think as you are getting confused and panicking. don,t be fooled on how helpful and nice she/he is they are there to get you off pip . hope you do well

More
3 years 1 month ago #256974 by OUTLANDER
Replied by OUTLANDER on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
:angry: Thankyou. yes I'm aware of the dastardly deeds they try to pull and the untruths they tell. I have requested the call be recorded and I'll record it myself.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256975 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Mental Health and PIP phone assessment.
Hello Pamela,

You might wish to consider having someone else replace you at your assessment. I did this once, and it worked well, although in a rather different scenario. It was pre covid, and the gentleman panicked at the first assessment and could not make himself get there. The DWP then asked me if I was willing and able to act as his representative and simply asked me on the phone the same sort of questions as they would have asked him.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4288-havi...telephone-assessment

Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Catherine.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.