× Members

migrated from incapacity to esa contribution

More
3 years 2 months ago #256291 by veronica
Replied by veronica on topic migrated from incapacity to esa contribution
thank you for your reply it is very helpful.
I will let you know once i get a reply from the mp office.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #256293 by Gary
Hi JO JO

IR ESA is a legacy benefit that new claimants can no longer claim, it stands for Income Related ESA which is means tested, the equivalent now is UC.

SDP was paid with IR ESA if you satisfied the qualifying conditions, this is no longer available with UC but is still payable with Pension Credits (PC).

The SDP became payable from the first day that all three of the following applied.

1. You had an award of ESA and we’re receiving or were entitled to receive Income Related ESA or PC.

2. You had an award of PIP Daily Living or DLA care, middle rate or higher or Attendance Allowance.

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award or as a couple you can qualify if both you and your partner get a qualifying benefit (PIP daily living).

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 2 months ago #256334 by veronica
Hi gary

I have just read your post to jo jo.

Does the following mean that if you are living alone does that mean with or without children.
or is it without a husband or partner.

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award or as a couple you can qualify if both you and your partner get a qualifying benefit (PIP daily
living).

Although i am on the legacy benefits and am fighting to get my money does that mean that i would also be entitled to the SDP payment.
My husband left in 1998 we never got back together , in 2006 i was on incapacity benefit, 2012 transitioned to esa contributions .

so what is my benefit called is it ESA IR, Legacy benefit, IR esa, i am sorry this benefit business is so confusing. and if all those on SDP are transitioning to uc is it correct that people on the legacy benefits do not have to transition to uc.
I am so sorry i know i talk in riddles but im confused.

Thank you
veronica.

More
3 years 2 months ago #256336 by veronica
Hi Gary
i have just checked the data i requested from DWP it states i am entitled to ESA (CB)+(IR) l though there not paying it. so would the previous message i sent apply to me.

More
3 years 2 months ago #256361 by veronica
Hi Gary

This is the MP reply.
Dear Veronica.

Thank you for your further email.

Please be informed, we have to provide the Department for Work and Pensions four weeks for a response to be received due to standard service procedures. If we are yet to receive a response by 10th March 2021, we will again raise a further email requesting a date as to when we should expect a response.

Please also acknowledge, this is a complicated case that dates to several years back, therefore, the DWP team may take longer to issue a response as they will need to investigate the matter. However, please be assured, we will be in contact with you in due course once we have received a response.

I hope this clarifies the standard service procedure we have to adhere to.

Warm regards,

on behalf of the Office of Feryal Clark
Member of Parliament for Enfield North

Westminster Office
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
Tel: 0207 219 6607

There is nothing saying this is official and still no name for the caseworker.
with emails from joan ryan when she was in office my caseworker always put her name it was alev and stated it was official.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
3 years 2 months ago #256379 by Gary
Hi veronica

If you have children under the age of 18 living at home then they are ignored for the purposes of SDP, once they reach 18 then SDP will stop unless they also are in receipt of a qualifying benefit.

The SDP became payable from the first day that all three of the following applied.

1. You had an award of ESA and we’re receiving or were entitled to receive Income Related ESA.

2. You had an award of PIP Daily Living

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

Unfortunately we do not live in normal times, your MP's letter sounds quite positive, hopefully they will ask for an 'any time review' due to an official error and get your SDP backdated to when you qualified.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.