× Members

Pip Telephone Assessment

More
3 years 2 months ago #256267 by Daisydream
Pip Telephone Assessment was created by Daisydream
Recently had pip telephone assessment, I was getting standard care and enhanced mobility. Received letter today and they have awarded me standard care but reduced my mobility to standard which unfortunately means I will be loosing my mobility car. The healthcare professional who telephoned me told me that she had no information regarding my health and disabilities, she had been locked out of her computer by Capita and would not be able to access my records and in her own words ‘’said she was going in blind’’.
I was under the impression that health professionals surely should have read my records prior to the telephone assessment. Can you please help me as to how I lodge my mandantory reconsideration letter to the DWP, also do I now need to request a copy of the telephone assessment from DWP. Many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #256281 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Hello Daisydream,

What a bad situation.

In your position I would certainly make a formal complaint to the DWP.

How to complain to the DWP

As you can see from the above link, their preference is to ring you to discuss the complaint. That is fine if you think this is something you can cope with, but you might want to say that you wish for them to respond by letter rather than phone.
________
You need to request a MR within a month of receiving your initial decision letter. You can do this by telephone, but I would recommend you follow it up with a written request, since telephone requests do sometimes go astray. You also need to request the assessor’s report, a PA4, which shows what the assessor wrote about you, and what their recommendation was and most significantly why.

The DWP generally send this report out almost by return, but it may take longer. If you do not get it back in time to prepare your MR statement you should contact the DWP and request extra time due to their slowness in sending you the report.

If you go to here, and scroll down to PIP APPEALS you will find guides to assist you with the MRs and Appeals.

Whilst you are in the process of challenging their decision, you are permitted to keep your car.

I hope this is all sorted out for you in a speedy manner,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #256299 by Catherine
Hello again Daisydream,

I have just seen this post from Gary in another thread. I think I must only have worked with people who have been fortunate so I would err on the side of caution and follow his advice.

Gary wrote: Hi donald

We have had a few enquiries similar to yours. The consensus was that you should contact Motability and explain your circumstances and that you were going to appeal.

Some members informed us that they were allowed to keep their car whilst they applied for a Mandatory Reconsideration, if they failed at MR to get the enhanced mobility, then they had to give the car back whilst they appealed.

Gary

Sorry if I have caused confusion,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Catherine.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256343 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Hi Catherine
Many thanks for your replies your help is very much appreciated.
Am I correct in thinking that:

1. I should follow the DWP link you supplied and make a formal complaint regarding the situation with the health professional assessment being totally unfair in the respect that she had no knowledge of my condition, medical records, completed pip review forms etc, she admitted that the only information she had regarding me was, telephone number, address, and that she was ‘’going in blind’’ because Capita had locked her out of her computer.

2. I should then ring DWP requesting a copy of the report and a request for a MR.

Sorry for asking such a stupid question but I am really confused, do I take it that lodging a complaint through the link and then ringing DWP are 2 totally separate issues. I apologies but I really cant think straight at the moment.

Any finally I should ring Motability and advise them of what is happening regarding the assessment scenario and that I will be requesting a MR from the DWP.

Thank you for your help.

Daisydream

More
3 years 1 month ago #256344 by Catherine
Hi Daisydream,

Yes – although I have divided them into 4 actions.

1. Complain to the DWP about the assessment. The link I gave you tells you how to complain to the DWP, it is not actually a link which allows you to do that.

2. Ring the DWP and request a PA4 (the assessor’s report). If you don’t receive this within a week ring again and send in a written request too.

3. Request a MR. You have a month from the date of your decision to do this, and then a month from the date you have requested it to send in additional information.

4. Ring Mobility and tell them that you are requesting a MR.

Quite a job list I know, particularly since it involves calls to the DWP. I tend to plan when I am going to ring them so that I have something else to do whilst listening to their on-hold music. I have only known them not answer when there have been technical difficulties, or the call runs over into when they go home. Some people have found that first thing in the morning is a good time.

Wishing you success
Catherine

More
3 years 1 month ago #256351 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Hi Catherine

Sorry to be such a pain, just one last question, I promise.

Am i right in thinking that it is usually normal standard
procedure for the health professional to study medical records and background beforehand and gather some sort of information regarding my disabilities before the actual telephone assessment should even take place.

Or do they legally have the right to just do as they please and ‘go in blind’ as the so-called health professional stated.

I very naively thought that they would at least have been given my completed pip review forms to read beforehand.

Do you have any suggestions of what I should cover in my complaint to the DWP - I am very new and very nervous to all that is happening to me and feel I need some expert guidance on what should be included in my complaint letter regarding what I consider to be very unfair, basically did the health professional have the right to do this?

Thanks again.

Daisydream

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.