× Members

Pip Telephone Assessment

More
3 years 1 month ago #257594 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Hi Daisydream

Sorry to hear about your plight, you should be able to get a copy of your Assessors Report (PA4) within 48 hrs of the assessment.

I would send in another complaint letter to DWP in regards to the time it has take to get a copy of your assessors report, you may want to get your MP involved, I would also copy in Thérèse Coffey Secretary of State at the Department for Work and Pensions (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) in any correspondence to your local MP.

If you are not sure who your MP is follow the link. Contacting your MP

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #258630 by Daisydream
Replied by Daisydream on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Just a quick update to my MR request. I received a telephone call from a DM at the DWP, a very friendly gentleman I must add, confirming that there was more than enough evidence in my Pip review forms and additional medical evidence/history that was originally included in my pip review to indicate that my mobility problems has deteriorated and that he would be recommending that the Enhanced Mobility be reinstated.

I have now received confirmation that this has been authorised.

I did not even have to send my MR letter in, this decision was reached purely on the evidence the HP also had access too.

I would like to thank you all for your support and great advice.

Also, my advice to anybody going through this whole pip assessment nightmare would be - if you think you have been unfairly treated then please don’t give up on yourself. I know only too well the stress and anxiety this situation causes.

Unfortunately, you need to fight tooth and nail for what you believe is right. Good Luck Everybody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
3 years 1 week ago #258638 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
Hi Daisydream

Many congratulations on the award and well done. Thank you for your post, it will encourage other members not to give up.

As you say not all DWP workers are aggressive or uncaring, you do get some very nice ones who are helpful and not just 'jobsworth'.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 1 week ago #258647 by Daisydream
Hi Gary
Many thanks for your reply. In another separate issue just a small enquiry regarding the DWP guidelines clause 1.6.5 that HP’s should be following with regards to pip assessments. It states before starting the consultation, the HP should read the claimant questionnaire and all other evidence on file etc.
Am I correct in saying that they should review all documents
beforehand. Or, can they carry out a telephone assessment without reviewing medical evidence in advance but review it at a later stage prior to writing the assessment report.
Sorry but I am extremely confused regarding this matter, I hope you can clarify the situation.
Many thanks.

More
3 years 1 week ago #258651 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip Telephone Assessment
That is such good news Daisydream! I am really pleased for you.

The guidelines are just that - they are how things should be done. I would argue that they should read the documents before the assessment since they should be using the information in the pack to guide the questions they ask not just to interpret the answers they receive.

Catherine

More
3 years 1 week ago #258656 by Daisydream
As you very kindly informed me in earlier messages the DWP guidelines HP’s should be adhering to. I informed Capita that this did not happen in my telephone assessment. Their reply was:
‘’I would like to offer my assurance that a DA can complete an assessment for PIP without reviewing medical evidence in advance. However, all medical evidence available at the time of the assessment must be reviewed by a DA prior to writing a claimant’s assessment report.’’

So basically, if I understand this correctly, even though these guidelines are in place - from what I understand they can do whatever they like. I am totally confused, is this the case?

Many thanks.

Kind Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.