× Members

Leap Review

More
2 years 6 months ago #264514 by Loubylou
Leap Review was created by Loubylou
Hello everyone,

I was told on both May and June 17th that my PIP case had been selected to be looked at for the leap review.
Nearly 5 months later and I have heard nothing.
I called 4 weeks ago and the person I spoke to “ would only give his name as Mr. Williams” said he would email the leap review team after the call had ended, he couldn’t sound more disinterested if he tried which makes me think no email was sent in his words “to chase them up” was sent at all.
My concern is that they are overwhelmed as the new review “ social support “ and also the uplift to legacy benefits, they are going to shelf everything.
Does anyone who has been told the same had any response, should I put it in writing as I don’t trust telephone calls as nothing is recorded.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Loubylou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264522 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Leap Review
Hi Loubylou

I would follow up your phone call and find out what is going on, you can put it in writing, if you do make sure you send it by recorded delivery.

You might be the person B&W are looking for as a test case: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4431-sear...in-pip-back-payments

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264553 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Leap Review
Absolutely Gary,
I’m more than happy to participate.
Thanks for your help.

Kindest regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 years 6 months ago #264555 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Leap Review
Hi Loubylou

Lets us know how you get on as a test case, we need more members who may be affected to contact us via the link and not via the forum.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 6 months ago #264641 by Loubylou
Hi Gary,

I clicked on the link but it was just an info page, if you can send me the details i’ll be happy to help as I have an update!

Furious is not the word, called DWP for an update on Leap review, was put through to their LEAP review team: this is the information I received....

Yes your case was selected as it fell within the dates.

Case automatically closed as I had to go through tribunal in December 2019.

ONLY to argue the daily living decision and only had to go through tribunal as the DWP made a mistake on my claim, the mandatory reconsideration was totally unnecessary.

This was December 2019, I do believe (correct me if I am wrong) the law change wasn’t applied then, it was after this date?

I then asked, if that’s what you are saying:
A) Why haven’t I received anything in writing to state such so I can at least challenge the decision.
B) When was this decision made as I have called frequently since May to enquire about this (she couldn’t tell me).

She told me she would type up a letter today and I should receive it by the end of the week.

I am so angry, none of this makes sense, if my case was automatically closed, then surely I should of been notified and at least told 6 weeks ago when I last enquired.

Gary, if you can help me out with the dates when the new law took place, I am not dropping this, they have messed me about since November 2016 .

And please send the details to include my case, be ever so grateful.

Kindest regards,

Loubylou

More
2 years 6 months ago #264647 by Loubylou
I meant to say earlier, my case “ according to Hannah “ was worked out on a algorithm, no human looked at it, she had a “tab” on her system saying “ case closed”.

Can’t wait for the letter.... if I ever get one!

This system is so screwed up?

Kind regards.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.