× Members

Leap Review

More
2 years 6 months ago #264661 by Loubylou
Replied by Loubylou on topic Leap Review
I sent a reply but unsure if it’s been posted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #264665 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Leap Review
Hi Loubylou

Not sure why the link is not working, as it does for me: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/4426-fina...hallenge-leap-review

If it does not work try the following which should take you to the same place:

Click on the 'News' on the left column, the article is dated 14/09/2021 'Final attempt to challenge LEAP review' it will have the information you are seeking

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
2 years 6 months ago #264854 by Loubylou
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your response.
I received my leap letter in the post today (Saturday).
I found the survey on the link you had sent (thanks for that), and I have completed it.

I have my fingers crossed that I am a suitable candidate, I hope to hear soon.

Kind regards,

Loubylou

More
2 years 6 months ago #264856 by Loubylou
Oh no Gary,

I have just realised I have made a mistake on the survey.

The first question asked “ if you were awarded only 4 points for planning and following a journey prior to August 2018” yes or no?

I stupidly selected no when I should have selected yes, I was confusing myself as I never got a mobility award back then but on checking previous award notices I was awarded the four points but obviously that wasn’t enough to secure an award.

Is there anyway I can correct my mistake? I did try to click on the link to complete the survey again and put a note in explaining however it won’t let me.

Is there anyway you guys can get in touch with them?

Kindest regards

Loubylou

More
2 years 6 months ago #264903 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Leap Review
Hi LoubyLou

You could use the link below to contact the office. They will know who you are. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/contact-and-help

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loubylou

More
2 years 6 months ago #265033 by Loubylou
Hi BIS, Gary and all the mods,

As per your great advice, I contacted the help contact, my mistake is being corrected and forwarded to see if my case meets the criteria, fingers crossed. I shall write to the DWP myself to challenge it, as everyone knows, this whole process is exhausting especially after the absolute nightmare that has already went on (payment stopped in April, not sorted til August) .

My question is:

The DWP is trying to get out of the LEAP review in my case claiming that because my case went to a tribunal for claim dated 2018-2019, that over rules any claim I have ever submitted.
The tribunal ruled over that particular year, (which was completely unnecessary) it was due to mistakes the DWP and IAS made (both at the same time) which resulted in a unnecessary MR which then followed tribunal.
The DWP were solely responsible for the decision making on my claim on 2016 and 2017.

They contradict themselves stating “ It is decisions made by the the Department that are being reviewed as part of the exercise, we have looked at your case and there are no DWP decisions that need reviewing”.

Sorry for the long wind but my question is: given the fact they are having to look at claims where they didn’t afford claimants the correct points for “ engagaging face to face” are they going to use the excuse of “ sorry on one of your claims on your case went to tribunal therefore we are absolved of any wrongdoing for every year” I sincerely hope not. Just like what they have done with the law covering “ planning and following journeys”.

It feels like, take your case to tribunal as you feel you have been awarded wrongly - be penalised by the DWP.

Take your case to tribunal as the DWP made mistakes as did IAS which I received a written apology about - be penalised by the DWP. (Which is what happened in my case).

Doubly penalised as because my case was last dealt with by tribunal, had to go through the whole “ new claim procedure” which should have never happened in the 1st place.

If having to go to a tribunal (due to their maladministration) means that you are due no recourse from them and gives them a get out of jail free card and therefore they award you nothing in recompense. This needs to be looked at.

I already was well aware this system is cruel and unfair, but to use this excuse not to pay victims of their cruelty which was ordered by a Supreme Court ruling is disgusting.

I hope this “ you once went to tribunal” excuse is dealt with to their detriment before they try and roll out the recompense for claimants in the “engaging face to face” claimants who were wrongly refused completely or not given the points they should have been.

The fact any claimant has to and goes all the way to tribunal (most being awarded) just proves their system is all wrong and costing the public purse more money!

Sorry for the long winded question in amongst that, but the injustice is infuriating.

Keep strong everyone, even when you can’t.

Kindest regards,

Loubylou

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.