× Members

Friend had 2 hour 40 monutes assessment today

More
1 year 10 months ago #270333 by phrank
Hi all,

Just to let you know that my friend had a marathon of an telephone assessment today which lasted 2 hours 40 minutes.

He asked me on the phone if the length of the phone call was a good or bad sign. I told him that I wouldn't read anything into the length of the call. He had a stroke which has left him with certain difficulties in completing some of the tasks in the discriptor list as well as mental health and arthritic problems.

The only thing is to ask for the assessment report which he is going to do and take it from there.

As I've said, the length of the call is of little relevance, unless someone on here knows any different ?

Regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #270337 by LL26
Hi phrank, Hmmm, that dies seem quite a long phone call! No doubt if your friend has said he forgets to turn off the cooker he will be attributed with perfect cognitive powers when he has chatted with the assessor for over 2 hours!;)
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by LL26. Reason: Missed out something

More
1 year 10 months ago #270339 by phrank
Hi LL26,

Yes, the fact that the assessment was so long could actually go against him!

He had his wife with him, though who intervened throughout such was his stress levels - and I forgot to mention he is hard of hearing, too.

Time will tell.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

More
1 year 10 months ago #270343 by BIS
Hi Phrank

If it turns out that the assessment does not go well - your friend might want to put in a complaint. An assessment of that length is challenging for any claimant, but being hard of hearing brings its own set of challenges in terms of trying to concentrate just to hear what is being said - let alone then having to process it. I think he should have been offered a break or the chance to split it. He might not have wanted that, but I have no doubt that added to his stress.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, SUE C C

More
1 year 10 months ago #270347 by phrank
Hi BIS,

Thank you for your reply and for the suggestion that he could put in a complaint. This was what I was thinking originally but wanted another opinion.

It's up to my friend - if the outcome isn't what he was hoping for - as to how he proceeds. However, I will help to guide him myself with the help of you and other mods and members on the forum if he does have to go down this unsavoury route.

I think an e mail to his MP would be another positive thing to do -should he need to.

Anyway, we won't know until he does get that assessment report.

You never know, the nurse who spoke to him might have being gathering as much information as she could to in order to give him as much chance as possible of getting an award.

If not, beware; we have the basic tools to fight his case already in place.

Kind regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 year 10 months ago #270397 by LL26
Hi phrank,
Yes, maybe await the decision and then if necessary put in an official complaint as per BIS.
LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.