× Members

ESA Medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #32113 by Fiona30ni
ESA Medical was created by Fiona30ni
Hi Just got letter to attend medical next Thursday. I have Systemic Lupus and Secondary Raynauds along with high blood pressure. Does anyone have experience of these medicals and can give me some advice. My rumy this week has changed one of my drugs and has said I have to go into hospital to get rutuximab by iv do i need to inform ESA about this etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PauH
13 years 5 months ago #32117 by PauH
Replied by PauH on topic Re:ESA Medical
If it was me I would ring them up and give them the date of your hospital appointment so they can reschedule your medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #32133 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Medical
Hi Fiona

You can find detailed advise about ESA medicals in the guides in the members' area. You should tell the examining doctor anything about your health that has changed since you filled in the medical form, including hospital appointments.

Best of luck

Derek

More
13 years 5 months ago #32153 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Medical
You should definitely review the ESA docs as receiving intravenous medication is a reason for being exempted from the assessement.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tb1uk
13 years 5 months ago #32156 by tb1uk
Replied by tb1uk on topic Re:ESA Medical
ask ATOS and the DWP to record your medical

i'm waiting for the results of mine last week and i have the tape here to make sure it tallys with the report

More
13 years 5 months ago #32161 by susan
Replied by susan on topic Re:ESA Medical
hi, i had mt esa medical nearly 2 weeks ago. i have not heard anything back yet. I told the nurse i had an infusion every 14 days for the rest of my life and she basically ignored my statement.
I also read the info on infusions but assumed it was only for chemotherapy
susan

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.