× Members

ESA Medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #37032 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Medical
Fiona

The Work Related Activity Group is where the majority of ESA claimants are put, the other being the Support Group.

Being in the WRAG means the you will be required to attend up to six Work Focused Interviews.

The "Work-focused health-related activities assessment handbook" in the Members section explains the requirements in more detail.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #37036 by Fiona30ni
Replied by Fiona30ni on topic Re:ESA Medical
Thanks for your advice, but not sure I could cope with going to these interviews, feel the stress and pressure would flare up my Lupus. Should I ask for the decision to be looked at again or Appeal decision. Any ideas

More
13 years 5 months ago #37040 by Gordon
Fiona

You could appeal the decision with the intention of being put in the Support Group, page 25 of the Understanding ESA document in the Members section explains the criteria, you need to meet one or more of them to be eligble for the Support Group.

The WFIs are mandatory, however, it is possible for them to be held over the phone while you are at home. You would medical evidence from your GP that attending would be significantly detrimental for your health.

If you do consider appealing then you must seek face to face advise with a suitable advisory such as the CAB or Welfare Rights.

Regards

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #37095 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA Medical
Fiona30ni wrote:

Thanks for your advice, but not sure I could cope with going to these interviews, feel the stress and pressure would flare up my Lupus. Should I ask for the decision to be looked at again or Appeal decision. Any ideas

If stress is a cause of your flare ups ask your team looking after you for a refer to a mental health team that deals with Lupus suffers they should know them,.... with there support you can get your cause documented to support your claim

More
13 years 4 months ago #37522 by susan
Replied by susan on topic Re:ESA Medical
hi, im just about to send off imformation for my esa appeal. I have had to pay £31 for a drs letter, which i do not mind but was wondering do i send them the original or a photo copy. I would be very grateful if anyone could let me know
susan

More
13 years 4 months ago #37527 by Gordon
Susan

Unless the originals are specifically requested, always send copies. Always make sure you have a copy of anything you send to the DWP and/or ATOS.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.