× Members

ESA Medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #32203 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Medical
winterchild

It is perfectly legal for you to covertly record your medical, the problem comes if you need to use this recording as evidence to a tribunal. Whilst it can be argued that in the interest of "natural justice" the content should be admitted, there is no precendent with regard to benefit tribunals, and it is likely that the DWP would argue it inadmissable, possibly reuiring a decision by the upper tribunal.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32209 by susan
Replied by susan on topic Re:ESA Medical
Hi Steven,
After reading your post about esa and recieving iv infusions is it your understanding that it is any type or iv infusion or only medical conditions such as cancer.
I have read the info and cant decide which way to take the excepional circumstance quote on iv infusions.
If you can help that would be great, if not thanks for taking the time to read my post
susan

• tb1uk
13 years 5 months ago #32210 by tb1uk
Replied by tb1uk on topic Re:ESA Medical
i have been telling the DWP and ATOS for months that i wanted my next medical recorded.

they in the end gave in (see home page)

if you want your medical, i would do what i did, write to both of them and also, if you can, write it on the medical form they send you to fill in.

they did it for me using their own equipment, so no reason they can't do it again.

all you have to do is ask.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32226 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Medical
Susan

I think you need to conatct your local office and explain the circumstances.

I think there view will be tempered by the impact of the IV treatments on you. How often are the treatments and how long does each one take, are there after effects from the treatment, etc?

Sorry it's not a difinitive answer.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 5 months ago #32253 by Fiona30ni
Replied by Fiona30ni on topic Re:ESA Medical
mm bit confused now, but I think I will give hospital a ring to see when the appointment is as they said they would send it out in post. Then when I have that I will ring the ESA

More
13 years 5 months ago #32325 by Fiona30ni
Replied by Fiona30ni on topic Re:ESA Medical
Rang hospital, have to ring back Thursday cause the information has not been transfered yet. Rang ESA not very helpful but cancelled my appointment on Thursday but also didnt want any information about me going into hospital for IV. They said they would send out another appointment. I thought if you were receiving IV treatment you were excempt from these medicals?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.