× Members

Advice from DWP adviser

More
13 years 5 months ago #32262 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi Rachel

You're right, it is a catch 22 situation but I was only half serious in my previous post.

Without a doubt the safest option is to tell an employer about your disability if asked on a form. I don't think there is any realistic chance of JCP stopping somebody's JSA because they refused to lie to an employer, and also take this argument to an appeal tribunal.

With regards to applying for six jobs a week, everybody claiming JSA has their own individual Jobseekers Agreement that states what they have to do to meet their obligations. When I was last claiming JSA it was just two jobs a week, looking in the paper, checking online, etc. It all depends on who your advisor is, some advisers may well tell you to look for five or six each week.

Best wishes

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #32265 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi Derek, thanks for that, I'm always missing the subtle bits!

Rachel :laugh:

More
13 years 5 months ago #32333 by jack2121
Replied by jack2121 on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi pamela s,
sorry to hear of the situation rearding your boyfriend, Believe me i know exactly how you feel. There are many forms of epilepsy. My wife suffers from gran mal (Major seizures) which are highly unpredictable. She cannot inform anybody before a seizure (she does not get any kind of prior warrning ). Following a seizure she remains confused for several hours after. In fact she is confused for several days. She also suffers clusters of seizures. And has also suffered STATUS EPILEPTICUS on 6 separate occasions. (status epilepticus is a life threatning condition requiring imidiate medical assistance). She has been in intensive care twice. Spent time on the high dependancy unit and has been hospitalized on many occasions due to both injuries from seizures and clusters which HAVE to be stopped. She is now under a proffessor of neurology and is on medication which knocks her out for 3 hours EVERY morning. She is my wife my friend and the best person i have ever met. YES i am worried, not for her health FOR HER LIFE.
I will do everything in my power to ensure that she is never left alone. It just canot happen. sorry for the rant. It is aimed at the condems who don`t live in our world. Dave.

DONT LET THEM GRIND YOU DOWN!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.