× Members

Advice from DWP adviser

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #32155 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi Mm, I so wish I had found this site earlier! The support and advise, along with peoples 'stories' is just amazing!

I need to write myself a little booklet based on all the above so that I can refer to it when at the job centre etc! (I tend to be too malliable then think of how I should have answered when I get home).

A big thankyou once again!

Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #32159 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Jack - could you give me any details of the court case, such as the woman's name? I'd like to find a report online and print it off for myself.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32162 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Just Google "jailed for lying on cv", this should bring up loads of references.

Stephen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 5 months ago #32174 by bluejay52
Replied by bluejay52 on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
ALLWAYS tell the truth,its not worth doing otherwise.......

• cashmygold
13 years 5 months ago #32190 by cashmygold
Replied by cashmygold on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi all,

As an individual with a chronic unpredictable condition, my personal experience applying for jobs have been mostly positive. I always always declare my disability. I never view this as a problem...It'll only become a problem if you don't mention it. What if you need to attend medical appts pertaining to your illness??? Moreover I am confident in my abilities to excute the job applied for. I also look for the 'positive about disability' symbol or jobs where I am guaranteed an interview if I meet all the essential criteria. Some of the advisors at JCP really do not have a clue. Have they even heard of the disability discrimination act!!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #32199 by jack2121
Replied by jack2121 on topic Re:Advice from DWP adviser
Hi millymoo, I`m glad to hear your in the support group. My wife is currently still on incapacity, she also suffers unpredictable disabilities, mainly epilepsy. (she gets no warning prior to a seizure.)And she will NEVER not disclose this. how could she. What worries me is the thought of me leaving her alone at home. I have been her full time carer for around 20 years. I CANOT SUDDENLY STOP WORRYING ABOUT HER. I just hope we can get through this mess.
Regards, DAVE.

DONT LET THEM GRIND YOU DOWN!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.