× Members

worried stupid doctor coming in 5 DAYS HELP!!

More
13 years 4 months ago #36526 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic less then 24 hours notice for medical
hi there everyone:
i have been with out internet for a while now and life been horried with out it its one of my life lines,,,,,,,, very happy to be back now even more so today because i got a phone call this morning from a local doctor(not none to me ) well they phoned me today telling me they will be coming to see me why am i worried well i have fibromyalgia and as we all know we have what i call good plain and bad ones well wouldn`t you know it at this moment in time i am not to bad now how on earth am i going to show this doctor that i am Genuine i`m worried stupid i have been waiting for ages my renewal was sent in in 1st week of may
what will i have to do please can anyone help me!!!

not now he is coing tomorrow between 9 and 10

Hi there so sorry to post on this part but i not sure where to ost i got a call today the doctor is not coming on saturday as planed but tomorroe morning between 9 10 now i even more worried why are thay wanting to come with short notice like this wonder whats goin on ummm /!!

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #36527 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: less then 24 hours notice for medical
Why not do a little thinking about what you're going to say? You don't say whether this is for DLA or ESA, but if you look in our guides, you can see what the criteria are and what you're likely to be asked, and you can think about how your fibro affects you. Think about a typical day (not a better day) because you may well be asked about that.

Is there anyone who could be there with you - a friend, perhaps?

More
13 years 4 months ago #36528 by Gordon
Jacqui

I appreciate you anxiety at the moment, but please refrain doubling up your posts, if nothing else it makes it difficult to answer you concerns.

I have left the other thread open, and I would ask anybody wishing to answer Jacqui's post to use the following thread rather than this one.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?func=view&catid=10&id=36526

Thanks

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #36531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:less then 24 hours notice for medical
Jacqui

I am sure the change is simply to avoid the doctor visiting on Saturday, when he would probably be eliglble for overtime. :)

Are you able to have some one with you when comes? I know you said your husband was ill as well, is he able to act as a witness if no one else is available.

As Survivor said in his post, just take a break and think about your illness and how it affects you on a daily basis, it might help you if you jot your thoughts down on paper, there is no reason why you can't refer to them during the interview.

Trying to take something positive from the change, at least it will be over with earlier than you had thought.

Let us know how you get on.

Gordon

Mod edit: I have taken the decision to merge the two threads which relate to the same subject matter for continuity purposes. Please see above re duplicate threads on the same topic.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: See above.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36552 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic Re:less then 24 hours notice for medical
so sorry gorden i was not sure how to add to this post but i think i understand i need to just come back here to let you know what when on
thank you both for your input cheers jacqui

More
13 years 4 months ago #36591 by terdun9
HI There
The doctor has just been he well he asked me the questions very few really i think when you think about it he asked about moving andwalking and also he DID give examination he took my blood pruesure, and also did a peak flow test on me this i hae never ever had before in my life not really sure why he did that.umm and reflex on my knees and ankles and my main concern is he was making notes on the brown envelope and i think he said aomthing about 100 years for walking.

Not sure if thats good or not i just wonder if he is a god doctor or abad one i dont want to put his name on here unless it is ok to and the Forum Moderator says so then i will let you know who is is i think i seen him before some years ago with a medical for my husband is that going to be a problem or not now the next thing i wonder is how long is it going to be before i hear anything form them
well thats that ordel over with thank you for your support the last few days Jacqui

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.