× Members

Fit note posting question

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #40532 by de1
Fit note posting question was created by de1
Hi all,

I would appreciate some advice from anyone.

I'm waiting for my tribunal in a few months and am still obviously needing to send sick notes in this period.

My current one is due to expire in 4 days so i got another from my doctor last friday and posted it the same day on the 10th. i posted it 1st class recorded delivery and photocopied the sick note before hand.

Now it still hasn't beeen delivered, royal mail tracking says 'the item is still progressing through our network for delivery'

I think what happened is they tried to delivery on saturday when they were shut and it was returned to the sorting office even though it doesnt say this.

Now i highly doubt the jobcentre plus people would bother to pick up my item. i know they sign for all the recorded delivery items as once, anyone know what happens in these situations? I find it hard to believe mine was the only recorded delivery letter that tried to be delivered on saturday and i would've thought there was some plan in place?

I can't contact royal mail about this (i need to wait for 15 working days for this)

My next ESA is due on 24th dec.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Regards
de1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #40537 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi, I think you should check again tomorrow. I sent my last one just as you did and it took 6 days!

Best wishes,
Rachel

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #40538 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Much appreciated Rachel, thanks.

I will check tomorrow, I wonder what the delay is.

Can I ask how far ahead of time did you post yours? I thought 8 days would have been sufficient!

• millymoo
13 years 4 months ago #40539 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi

I agree with Rachel. I have today received an appointment from the hospital that was sent out 1st class on the 3/12/10 telling me about an appointment i was meant to attend on the 6/12/10!!!! It looks like there is quite a backlog of mail somewhere.

Mm :) x

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #40545 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi, I went to the doctors on Nov 22nd which annoyed him a bit because he doesn't like writing fit notes if the previous one hasn't run out!

However, it was the surgery that had bought my appointment forward! I think I took a few days to post it because I have a problem (mentally) going to the shops on my own.

They received it on the 2nd Dec. I rang them on the 9th as I had been due a payment on the 8th! and it went into my bank on 10th!

Depending on where you live, as Mm says, there is a delay with the post unfortunately :dry:

Hope it gets sorted soon,
Rachel :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #40555 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi de1

ESA payments can be delayed if a sick note is late, but they should continue as normal as soon as the sick note is received and correctly dated. Unless the note was due just before a payment date, your payments may not be affected.

If they have a backlog of sick notes I would expect them to continue payments until it has been confirmed that a claimant's sick note is overdue, though there is no telling how the DWP operate.

Regards

Derek

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.