× Members

Fit note posting question

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #40894 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi,

Just for information, Items sent to organisations such as the DWP by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery can be signed for in bulk. Hence it can take a while for the online system to be updated with the bulk item receipt.

If an item is sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery, then each individual item has to be physically signed for individually. The signature strip is uploaded onto the web the same day (providing it is delivered - ie if posted to a private address the recipient is at home). However this should not happen with such as the DWP.

I know it may cost more but 'Special Delivery' does afford more 'tracking' than 'Recorded'.

I got this info from my brother who is a Royal Mail Delivery Manager.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #41181 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Thanks again Derek, Rachel and Pete.

Well, it's still not been delivered, or it's 'progressing through the network' still.

I rang Royal Mail and after 5 mins of silly options got to speak to a guy who wasn't able to give me any more info but gave me the sorting office phone number.

Rang sorting office several times until they answered and they said it would only be scanned when delivery is attempted. I asked if they had a backlog at present and they said it was pretty clear there right now. Oh and I have to wait 3 weeks/15 working days until they will investigate.

Not heard from DWP about expired sick note but im aware they might have wrote but i mightnt have got it. Hoping they'll be a bit more lenient at the moment due to postal problems, but i doubt it. Hope it's been delivered but RM maybe forgot to ask for signature.

Think I'll wait till 24th and see if payment arrives, at least I do have some savings i can temporarily transfer to my bank to last me.

I guess I'll be able to ring DWP Mon 27th Dec (I hope)

Thanks all
de1

ps.
Pete, I think special delivery items can still be batch signed. I used to have a mobile phone contract that involved sending bills back to the retailer to get cash back. On the moneysavingexpert forums it was recommended that the bills were sent back special delivery (the dodgy retailer was not very reliable in getting people's cashback) but it was said as they recieved large amounts of special delivery items that they were signed for in bulk.

I guess if your special delivery letter to the DWP is one of only a couple then I think u'd be allright, but if everyone sent SD and they got hundreds a day, I think it'd be a different story!

More
13 years 4 months ago #41201 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Sorry de1, but Monday 27th is a Bank Holiday, and so is Tuesday.

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #41205 by de1
haha thanks, not being in work i lose track of these things.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #41208 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi de 1 I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hope you have a good Christmas either way! :)

Best wishes,
Rachel

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #41217 by de1
Thanks a lot Rachel, I appreciate you're help and thanks for the Royal Mail phone number. Merry Xmas!

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.