× Members

Fit note posting question

More
13 years 4 months ago #41341 by speedy101
Replied by speedy101 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Sorry milly I got the wrong end of the stick then re-read your post after I posted the above :silly:

Not use to forums without the edit function :side:

Apologies if it seams anything personal it's not my brain works funny :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41354 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi MM

Although the DWP have no concept of the term 'responsibility' and will blame the claimant for their own mistakes, the responsibility still rests with them if they either lose, or sign for a letter that they did not receive.

You did the sensible thing and arranged for the note to be resubmitted, but I think I would also have made a complaint to Royal Mail and ask them to investigate why the letter was not received (as the DWP claimed). The DWP should not be arguing with you, they should be arguing with the Royal Mail, as they claim that the letter was received and hold the signature to prove it.

Derek

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109755 by Henry Chinaski
Replied by Henry Chinaski on topic Fit note posting question
Just got one of those snotty "we haven't yet received your 'fit' note" reminders today (30th) - dated the 26th (which was a Bank Holiday), and concerning a 'fit' note that I posted via recorded delivery on the 19th! I will go spare if I find they've cut me off next week... what shall I do? At least I have photocopies and a proof-of-posting certificate.
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago #109757 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fit note posting question

Henry Chinaski wrote: Just got one of those snotty "we haven't yet received your 'fit' note" reminders today (30th) - dated the 26th (which was a Bank Holiday), and concerning a 'fit' note that I posted via recorded delivery on the 19th! I will go spare if I find they've cut me off next week... what shall I do? At least I have photocopies and a proof-of-posting certificate.

Hi,

There is a chance that the letter and the fit note have crossed.

You have done the right thing in keeping a copy and posting recorded delivery.

It may be best to contact The DWP informing them that you have submitted the fit note, have a copy of it, and proof of posting.

bro58

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109768 by Henry Chinaski
Replied by Henry Chinaski on topic Fit note posting question
Cheers, I'll post them a note (along with the proof of postage and a copy of the photocopy) on Monday. Just hoping they don't start demanding originals!

Getting to the point where I'm making dupes of everything; getting like the civil service pre-computing :)

• bro58
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109770 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fit note posting question

Henry Chinaski wrote: Cheers, I'll post them a note (along with the proof of postage and a copy of the photocopy) on Monday. Just hoping they don't start demanding originals!

Getting to the point where I'm making dupes of everything; getting like the civil service pre-computing :)

Hi HC,

I would always recommend keeping copies and posting recorded delivery when dealing with The DWP, JCP or ATOS.

If you have the recorded delivery slip, you should be able to "track and trace" it on the Royal Mail website, this will then tell you when it was delivered, and you should be able to print off verification of this.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris