× Members

Fit note posting question

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #40559 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Thanks everyone, i appreciate your responses, I feel a little less worried now.

Last time DWP wrote to me about a week before saying your sick note is due to expire, we need to recive the new one by the last day of the current sick note, as i know it takes them a few days to process stuff i was worried it wouldnt be sorted by the 18th.

However as my next payment isn't due till the 24th hopefully it is recieved and all sorted by then, I'll keep checking.

I know what you mean Rachel, it often takes me a few days to post stuff but i managed to do it the same day on this occassion.

Best wishes
de1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #40572 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Fit note posting question
If they have a backlog of sick notes I would expect them to continue payments until it has been confirmed that a claimant's sick note is overdue, though there is no telling how the DWP operate

No such luck Derek! I guess, if they don't receive one they think you are miraculously cured and stop your benefit asap

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
13 years 4 months ago #40823 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Fit note posting question
When a similar situation happened to me earlier this year the JC+ told me they would accept a faxed copy of my sick note & the hard copy sent in the post as usual. The drawback was that they would only accept a fax from my GP practice. My GP asked the administrator to fax it for me. I know I am with an extremely good GP & Practice & it not everyone is so lucky but it's always worth asking.
maggie

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #40876 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Thanks maggie.

It's still not been received according to royal mail. don't know when to ring dwp and whether i should wait till i dont get paid on 24th. old sick note got 2 days left but 9 days till my next payment due. dwp haven't wrote to me abt sick note expiring but i know there could be a post problem.

altho something i ordered online got here in 2 days from ordering and that came from further away.

did u fax them a photocopy maggie or did ur gp have to do a new sick note to fax? if u faxed a photocopy why on earth do they insist u have to do it from the gp's, i'm sure like usual just to make things as difficult as possible for us.

More
13 years 4 months ago #40888 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Fit note posting question
If the note has not been received you should make a complaint to Royal Mail and ask them to investigate.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #40892 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Fit note posting question
Hi, I think Derek is right, start ringing the post office and demand they get it sorted.

I'm lucky to have a friendly local postmaster who told me to do this if my letter didn't arrive. Luckily I didn't have too.

Call us on 08457 22 33 44*. Lines are open from 8.15am - 6.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am - 2.00pm Saturday.

Textphone users please call 08457 22 33 55.
For Welsh call 08457 46 84 69.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.