× Members

help please

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #43951 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:help please
whats a support worker is it like a psychiatrist,and how would i get one

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #43955 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:help please
I'm guessing that Catherine is using it as a generic term.

Support workers are people who help others who need a bit of extra help. Some people have a support worker because they live in supported housing, some people have one because they're looked after by a mental health team. If you are looked after by a mental health team but you don't have a support worker, you could ask for one.

It's also possible to have one with what's called "floating support" if you live in the community as opposed to supported housing or a residential home. That's paid for by your local authority and your psychiatrist or GP or social worker could help you with that.

Some areas have other people that can help, like advocacy services or advice centres or befrienders.

• Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #43957 by Survivor
Did you know that the National Autistic Society has a telephone helpline? It's 10-4 Monday to Friday on 0845 070 4004.

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #43970 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:help please
if i get put on JSA will i have to go on those useless courses which tell u how to write cv and be good in a interview and for some reason last like 6 weeks+,cos i was on jsa before incapacity benefit and i did those new deal style courses and they are so usless and you have to do the same course again every year doing exact same thing.

• Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #43975 by Survivor
I'm afraid we can't advise you on that.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43976 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:help please
mike1983

Have a look at the following web site, it explains some of the activities you would be expected to participate in.

www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits...gforwork/DG_10014402

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.