× Members

help please

More
13 years 2 months ago #43980 by Callisto
Replied by Callisto on topic Re:help please
I can tell you are very worried about this and its easy when we are ill to stress about things beyond our control as that is what we have little of in our lives.
However, I think you need a plan to help try to cope with some of the concerns you have at the moment.
Catherine and Survivor both suggested some form of support and i think that that is an excellent idea. Perhaps tommorrow you could ring that number Survivor gave you and ask them if there is any local advocate i.e somebody who could voice your fears when you maybe have to attend any work based interviews, and at the moment you may not have too of course. Even if the worse came to the worse, these interviews can just be a formality for those who will evidently not be able to work. Perhaps you could arrange to see your GP and ask it there is anybody that you could be referred to for a chat and ongoing support, this could be a key worker, CPN, mental health link worker or a local advocacy service, sometimes a normal bog standard counsellor can help you to put things into perspective. I know how difficult it is to stop panicking about all of these things and although you are still going to be concerned, maybe it will help water down some of the fears that you have. These are difficult times and at times like this, it can be confusing and stressfull, but you dont know what is going to happen and although some things can be more likely, you can find help to cope with them. Hope you feel better soon.
Callisto x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44044 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:help please
so what can i do at the moment

More
13 years 2 months ago #44046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:help please
mike1983

In the short term, there is nothing to do with regards to your benefits, because until you are called for re-assessment, nothing will change.

You probably should familiarise yourself with the process you will go through, and identify where you could gather evidence from, your GP, Consultants, etc., but that is about it for now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #44049 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:help please
Callisto wrote:

I can tell you are very worried about this and its easy when we are ill to stress about things beyond our control as that is what we have little of in our lives.
However, I think you need a plan to help try to cope with some of the concerns you have at the moment.
Catherine and Survivor both suggested some form of support and i think that that is an excellent idea. Perhaps tommorrow you could ring that number Survivor gave you and ask them if there is any local advocate i.e somebody who could voice your fears when you maybe have to attend any work based interviews, and at the moment you may not have too of course. Even if the worse came to the worse, these interviews can just be a formality for those who will evidently not be able to work. Perhaps you could arrange to see your GP and ask it there is anybody that you could be referred to for a chat and ongoing support, this could be a key worker, CPN, mental health link worker or a local advocacy service, sometimes a normal bog standard counsellor can help you to put things into perspective. I know how difficult it is to stop panicking about all of these things and although you are still going to be concerned, maybe it will help water down some of the fears that you have. These are difficult times and at times like this, it can be confusing and stressfull, but you dont know what is going to happen and although some things can be more likely, you can find help to cope with them. Hope you feel better soon.
Callisto x

The biggest problem this person has is that the worse thing for somebody with Autisum is they cant deal with change, they need to know whats going to happen and when to the second

we are all worried and botherd by the changes and find it stressful, find the most stressed person on here without autisum and his is ten times worse, and thinking about this brings to mind the lack of thought to people with this type of problem thats been given...the DWP and libcon have failed them

• mike1983
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44063 by mike1983
Replied by mike1983 on topic Re:help please
where do i gather evidence and how do i do it and the above poster is right on the money with how im currently feeling

More
13 years 2 months ago #44068 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:help please
mike1983

When you actually need the evidence, you can ask your doctor, any consultants or nurses you see at the hosital or a clinic, anybody who cares for you, family and friends if they are able to describe how your disabilities impact on your day to day activties.

But as I said, you don't need to worry about any of this until you are notified that you are being re-assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.