× Members

Can anyone help? Legal aid

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #45956 by millymoo
Can anyone help? Legal aid was created by millymoo
Hi all

I am looking for some general advice really!! I have read on here somewhere that legal aid is no longer available but i cant find it. I know my property will eventually be repossessed but its on the market for sale to try and get as much as i can for it. I am registered with the housing advice team, but as they are extremly busy i am struggling to get in contact with them and wondered if my option should be a solicitor.

My lender is now harrassing me writing and telephoning on a regular basis even though i have given my consent for the housing team to speak to them on my behalf. I wonder if they are having the same problems getting in contact with them. I am going through major health problems in my life just now , i am having an MRI scan tomorrow for an ovarian tumour that has been identified on CT scan to determine if it is malignant or not and i get my results on monday so i really dont need this at the moment. This is on top of my other disabilities, so as you can imagine i am a complete mess.

I would be so grateful for any help with this as i dont know how to deal or even start with this. :(

Mm :( xx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #45957 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Can anyone help? Legal aid
The government is cutting back on who can get legal aid and for what.

At present, a lot of legal aid is done under Legal Services Commmission contracts, and the LSC has not been renewing a lot of contracts.

However you may find it worth trying the Community Legal Advice helpline, who could tell you what legally aided help, if any, is available for you.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/general#help

You might also be able to get help, support or advice from a debt counsellor. You may like to try CCCS, National Debtline or Christians Against Poverty. Beware other organisations which use these names in their search criteria but which aren't these and which charge for their services.

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #45962 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hi Survivor

Thank you so much for the links i will get straight onto that. I have sold jewellry and pawned other items just to keep my head above water, so things are getting desperate now. I sit back and think, How on earth have i got myself into this position? I know that my only way out of this favourably is to work, but its not even an option. I often sit and look at Milly my dog and really wish i was in her shoes, she didn't have a good start in life and was a rescue from the streets but she is my life saver but she knows she gets unconditional love,food,walks and a warm place to lay her head (my bed). You know we are being treated worse than animals!!!

Once again i appreciate your help
Mm :) xx

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #45964 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
millymoo wrote:

Hi Survivor

Thank you so much for the links i will get straight onto that. I have sold jewellry and pawned other items just to keep my head above water, so things are getting desperate now. I sit back and think, How on earth have i got myself into this position? I know that my only way out of this favourably is to work, but its not even an option. I often sit and look at Milly my dog and really wish i was in her shoes, she didn't have a good start in life and was a rescue from the streets but she is my life saver but she knows she gets unconditional love,food,walks and a warm place to lay her head (my bed). You know we are being treated worse than animals!!!

Once again i appreciate your help
Mm :) xx

There will be someone here

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

Who will be able to help, there are pros who help out who work for most charites doing debt advice, they have templates of letters too that you use to stop them calling all the time and how to make sure they deal anyone you have said is helping you.

More
13 years 1 month ago #46002 by mayflower
Replied by mayflower on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hi Mm
I am so sorry to hear you are having an extra bad time with your health let alone being harassed by your mortgage lender as well. I do so hope you have good news from the scan - you deserve some good news for a change. The world can seem a cold place at times. Thinking of you.
Love maggie

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 month ago #46012 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hi Mm, I'm so sorry that you are having such a worrying time.

I wish you all the very best with your scan, will be thinking of you.

This website may have already been suggested but just incase it hasn't;

www.legalservices.gov.uk/aboutus/press_releases_8544.asp

Please take good care of yourself,

Rachel :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.