× Members

Can anyone help? Legal aid

More
13 years 2 months ago #46026 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hugs for you MM, I am so sorry to hear of your plight. Have you tried the charity *Shelter* love?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ranald
13 years 2 months ago #46032 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
It is all very well getting a pile of money from the sale of a house but if that happens you will not be entitled to any state benefit.

When i got divorced i got peanuts from the house and do that was never a problem but if you had over £16k you would get nothing.

Ranald

• Rosered
13 years 2 months ago #46063 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hi I have just been listening to the reform of legal aid on parliament and Jonathan Djanogly the Justice Minister has confirmed that they will not be withdrawing money for legal aid where somebody stands to loose their house.

Should be able to read a written copy of that tomorrow on Hansard. It was said at about 5.50 or thereabouts.

• millymoo
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #46093 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Thank you all for your kind words and advice, the support on this site is such a comfort.

Hey Ranald there is no chance of there being a pile of money as my home is in negative equity by about £10,000, but i appreciate your concern and input. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you all so much
Mm :) xx

• Ranald
13 years 2 months ago #46204 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Having just read one of my earlier replies to your query Milly, i must apologise for soundly overly harsh.

I should have been more considerate of your feelings. :kiss:

All the best
Ranald

More
13 years 2 months ago #46208 by MammaT
Replied by MammaT on topic Re:Can anyone help? Legal aid
Hello MillyMoo,

No practical advice on the legal aid front I'm afraid but I had to post to say how sorry I am to hear that you are having further health troubles at a time when you are already so vulnerable. If you don't mind I will pray that you get some good news and speedily on the health front.

As for the Housing dept I know how difficult it is to be suspended within a system that is supposed to be designed to support us when we are at our most vulnerable - just hang on (even if it's by the fingernails for a few days) you will win out in the end.

Give Milly a big hug and take the phone off the hook if you are being bullied to give yourself some breathing space. And get the choccie biscuits out.

Concentrate on your health - all the rest will run its' course in the end.

Sending you lots of hugs.

Teresa x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.