× Members

Atos Medical - Complaint

More
12 years 9 months ago #60116 by cmarie510
Atos Medical - Complaint was created by cmarie510
Hello All,

I had my first medical for ESA (this is also a first application). I am now trying to decide whether or not to register a formal complaint. The issues being lateness of appointment, Doc have 2 mobile phones on ring, state of the waiting room and Doctors pushing for answers and pushing me to do things that I couldn't and ACTUALLY shouldn't.

Please would you advise me. Of course I have not had a response as to the outcome of the medical.

I really feel strongly that Atos should know exactly what sick/disabled people are being put through.

What do you think and could my complaint affect my medical score?

Thanks in advance for your time.
cmarie510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60123 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
If you wish to make a formal complaint you should do so by letter or by email to this address This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Any complaint that you make should not impact on your recent work capability assessment.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60124 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Thank you CDiamond,

Thank you for the details. Sorry to follow with yet another question, but do they come back to you regarding your complaint?

cmarie

More
12 years 9 months ago #60127 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Yes, they should provide details of how they are going to deal with your complaint, and ultimately whether or not it has been upheld?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 9 months ago #60128 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
That is really good news. Thank you Diamond.

cmarie510

• Andy
12 years 9 months ago #60173 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Hi, again, cmarie

Good for you, registering your complaint. From what you've said on this and another post, that doctor really needs to be sorted out!

A couple of thoughts...

1) If you're going to complain, I would have thought sooner is better - then it can't be seen as "sour grapes" if the ATOS report gives you a low score (because you won't have seen it yet).

2) Your complaint won't affect the ATOS report and recommended score because that is completed on the same day usually. And it certainly shouldn't affect the DWP decision as that's a completely different organisation. Your complaint is to ATOS.

Go for it!
Andy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.