× Members

Atos Medical - Complaint

• originaldave
12 years 9 months ago #60192 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Bill Kruse wrote:

Your MP should know what you've been put through too.

BB

Ask your MP to go to your next medical with you ... infact why not write to Atos and ask if they have a problem with your MP being the person with you :) even if not will wind them up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #60197 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Jeff1 wrote:

Hi Everyone, Is there any way that the figures for ATOS complaints could be sought? Best Wishes

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/statistics_and_information_on_at?

• Jude
12 years 9 months ago #60203 by Jude
Replied by Jude on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
originaldave wrote:

Bill Kruse wrote:

Your MP should know what you've been put through too.

BB

Ask your MP to go to your next medical with you ... infact why not write to Atos and ask if they have a problem with your MP being the person with you :) even if not will wind them up.

Love it! Currently waiting for the brown envelope and utterly shocked at the stories here:-(

I went through an appeal prior to the new system and that was bad enough. This system is a farce and the sooner something is done about it the better.

I urge everyone to contact their MP's and the national press. ATOS KILLS!

More
12 years 9 months ago #60204 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
I wonder what the medical report would say.

Needed to be accompanied by their MP to the examination centre

or

Able to attend the examination centre in the company of a complete stranger

More
12 years 9 months ago #60221 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Jude while the testing has no obvious medical or practical merits there's one thing the system does very well indeed. It enables the transfer of hundreds of millions of pounds from the public purse to a private company. In my view, this has always been the whole point of the exercise.

BB

More
12 years 9 months ago #60223 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Hello all,

Back in 2008 I complained to ATOA about the EMP who came to my home. He didnt carry out an examination he just asked questions but when I got a copy of the report he had filled in all my functional abilities. I questioned how he could do this and ATOS said partially by watching me and also by his examination of me.

I pointed out that no examination had been done, as witnessed by my carer, but they said the doctor confirmed he had completed an examination.

I pointed out that certain surgical proceedures I had evidence of (on my body as scars) were not listed as required by the DWP forms and they replied to say all that mattered was my dibilitating conditions.

I complained to the GMC and they referred to the EMP for his side of events and he refused to make any comment at all, which is his right I was told.

At the end, nothing happened and he was found to have no case to answer. When I gave my evidence to the Upper Tribunal the Judge who gave me permission to Appeal noted the EMP report ''would not bear much scrutiny'' but still nobody wanted to know about my complaint as it had by then been ''fully investigated''.

Thats my experience and I wish anyone luck who has a go. :unsure:

Bill

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.