× Members

Atos Medical - Complaint

More
12 years 10 months ago #60228 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
I suspect it's difficult to make headway with complaints as both major political parties have an interest in this side of things being kept quiet. There's no political enthusiasm for prosecution because major figures from both parties would, in my opinion, be heading for jail if that were the case.

BB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kriss
12 years 10 months ago #60229 by kriss
Replied by kriss on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Hi all

Haven't been here for a while, anyhoo my ATOS complaint is going inthe post today by registered mail...my daughter & friend helped me write it or i would still be there now, the letter is 25 pages long & covers such things as IB50 was filled out by claiment....by deduction it was filled out by CAB, claiment raised foot to replace shoes, I didn't i was wearing slip on crock type sandels.
I complained by phone to ATOS and got a letter back re shoes stating this is not what is meant by this statement????
There are loads of other discrepancies which i have complained about.
I am posting it today so it arrives on Monday which is the day of my appeal, so either way they have recieved it before i know the outcome of my appeal and my local Welfare Right Officer will be there too.
Will post the outcome
Cheers for now
Kriss

• Andy
12 years 10 months ago #60239 by Andy
Replied by Andy on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Jeff1 wrote:

Is there any way that the figures for ATOS complaints could be sought?

Derek4 wrote:

www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/statistics_and_information_on_at?

Some extracts from the DWP response:
    "I can advise that the total number of outputs (examinations and assessments) for all benefits for the period July 2009 to June 2010 was 817,198."
    "I can advise that in the 12 months ending 31 May 2010 there were 4359 complaints in total registered by Atos Healthcare."
    "Statistics surrounding either how many of these were found to be justified and upheld are not collated."
How can this be possible? What reputable organisation does not record the OUTCOME of complaints received? Should this be referred to the appropriate senior official at DWP and/or a government minister?

Also I'm surprised by the low percentage of complaints, although the figures are for ALL assessments carried out by ATOS under their contract with DWP which may have a bearing. The low percentage probably reflects what I said before... claimants have so much stress to deal with that complaining (especially with little hope of satisfaction) is very unappealing. :) :laugh:

More
12 years 10 months ago #60241 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
From those figures it's possible 800,000 claimants lodged complaints in June 2010, and this was not recorded in the 12 months ending 31/05/2010 figure!

More
12 years 10 months ago #60246 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Damn, that's a good idea.

cmarie

More
12 years 10 months ago #60273 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Atos Medical - Complaint
Hello Andy and Everyone,

I have just emailed off my complaint to Atos and to my MP Karen Buck for Westminster.

If there is anyone else you think I might forward this to, please let me know - I'm on a roll now...

Kindest regards to everyone and thanks Andy for the encouragement. Oh! I hope you saw that I DID LIE DOWN at the medical. :)

cmarie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.