× Members

COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #61813 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
Derek4 wrote:

Hi Gordon, Bro58

I didn't think I spent that long writing my last post but three posts were submitted before I finished. Definitely a case for 15 points for execution of tasks under the old test. ;)

CD would probably be in the best position to answer this or correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt a decision maker would read in great detail the evidence you sent until the ESA85 is produced, so he can look at all of the documents together, before making a decision.

If he did I would expect him to have forgotten most of it and need to read it again.

I can't remember if it was Prof. Harrington or Chris Grayling that actually used the term 'rubber stamping' when referring to the failings of DMs to weigh-up GP evidence, but what worries me is that if they stop rubber stamping medical reports and start reading 30+ pages of a claimants evidence, the time it takes a DM to make a decision might be 10-20 times longer!

Regards

Derek

Derek,

Don't you be getting that CD to gang up on us, He/She will start quoting all them regs and ting.

No on a more serious note for a mo, CD is very gened up, much respec.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #61818 by bro58
fedupn45 wrote:

On visiting my Doctor last week and his offer of support, together with advise from this forum. I have sent a letter today to him to kindly support me in my appeal as he was very keen to.

The extra thing I did, following advise from the forum, was attach a list of reasons I feel unfit to work, and especially with my depression the way I am feeling now and how it affects my everyday living. As I know it wouldn't carry much weight to simply write "this woman is unfit for work"

My Doctor didn't seem to understand the deviousness of the DWP and ATOS, so I have hopefully pointed him in the right direction. As he obviously wants his report to have an impact on them, as he truely knows how I am feeling with me constantly crying in his surgery last week and feeling "worthless", thanks to "the system".

I understand your feelings, and your comments re : your G.P. and ATOS, mine was similar in attitude, seemed to be taking in all the ATOS PR, I explained to him that my daughter has some dealings with Welfare Rights on a daily basis, and she was coming across some very poor ATOS decisions.

He seems to take the line that he will support me to the hilt, if I get an errant decision, said he would fight with me, get the MP involved, press and media, even resign.

The point that I put across to him, which I now think he takes on board, is that ATOS are not always contacting G.P.'s therfore I wanted to try and avoid a lengthy fight / appeal by getting his support early on, and not after the fact.

• nada678
12 years 9 months ago #61887 by nada678
Replied by nada678 on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
Hi

I am worried that I only sent an ESA50
to Atos and not to the DWP. That was 2 weeks ago.

Should I send a copy to the DWP, or will the decision maker definitely get to see a copy if I don't send one to them?

Thanks

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #61891 by bro58
nada678 wrote:

Hi

I am worried that I only sent an ESA50
to Atos and not to the DWP. That was 2 weeks ago.

Should I send a copy to the DWP, or will the decision maker definitely get to see a copy if I don't send one to them?

Thanks

Don't worry yourself too much, as many people get the right result by just sending their ESA50 to ATOS.

If you read the thread you will see that it has pros and cons, and is a matter of choice by the individual, and not necessity.

If you really feel that you want to send copy to the DWP DM,then it will not do any harm.

More
12 years 9 months ago #61896 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
When I send my copy to the DM should I enclose a note, and if so, what should I write, "for your persual?" Also, do I point out what descriptors I think apply to me (wrag and support), or do I just point out support or do I not bother going down that route? And, as my doctor refused to give me a letter of support do I advise them to contact her for further info. My doctor supports me but wouldn't give me a letter because she said they ALWAYS get in touch and ask for a report so she doesn't believe in duplication! I'm worried that they won't get in touch with her and that they won't have all the evidence to consider.

More
12 years 9 months ago #61902 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
mumsgirl

There are no hard and fast rules on what to include or not, so failing any success stories from other members, my best advice is to do what is right for you.

With regard to your doctor, the situation has improved over the last few months and there is a genuine expectation that the DWP will contact a claimants GP. That said, it can't hurt to include in your note how eager your GP is to receive their request for information :)

If you have further questions, please come back to the forums.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.