× Members

COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #62131 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
mumsgirl wrote:

Thanks Derek. My final descision is that I will NOT send a copy to the DM.
Thanks everyone for their input and opinions on this long thread that I started!

Good luck with your assessment MG, I hope you get the correct assessment, and all works out O.K. for you.

bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #62165 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
Thanks bro58, you're a brilliant NONMOD!

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #62168 by bro58
mumsgirl wrote:

Thanks bro58, you're a brilliant NONMOD!

MG,

Cheers,

So now I follow in the illustrious footsteps of such icons as "The Artist formerly known as Prince"

"NONMOD formerly known as bro58" LOL !!!

Shame I don't have his dosh!!!

bro58

More
12 years 9 months ago #62172 by smc
Replied by smc on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
Crazydiamond wrote:

Both Atos and the DWP will retain copies of completed ESA50 forms for their records.

If you are referring to sending the ESA50 to the decision maker in the second paragraph of your post, there is no point in doing so because the DM will only use this form in conjunction with the advice received from Atos, either by medical scrutiny or by a direct face-to-face assessment with a claimant.

The ESA50 wouldn't be used in isolation without an approved disability analyst's input, because the DM is not medically qualified and would therefore be unable to apply the descriptors in the context of a claimant's medical condition, and their fitness for work.

Thanks CD, that helps me decide too!!

Just as an aside, who is it that writes to your GP for information, well if they do, is it ATOS or the DWP?

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #62174 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:COPY OF ESA50 03/11 TO DWP
It will be Atos by means of an ESA113, but a change in procedure allows them to send this form after you have completed and returned the ESA50, and it is entirely discretionary as to whether the form is issued.

Previously prior to October 2008 under the old personal capability assessment for IB, the IB113 (the predecessor of the ESA113) was sent before the issue of form IB50 by the DWP on a mandatory basis depending on the claimant's medical condition, which in my opinion was a much more sensible approach in seeking information from a claimant's GP. However, since Atos assumed full control of the WCA common sense well and truly went out of the window in all respects!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Crazydiamond. Reason: Additional information

• bro58
12 years 9 months ago #62175 by bro58
smc wrote:

Crazydiamond wrote:

Both Atos and the DWP will retain copies of completed ESA50 forms for their records.

If you are referring to sending the ESA50 to the decision maker in the second paragraph of your post, there is no point in doing so because the DM will only use this form in conjunction with the advice received from Atos, either by medical scrutiny or by a direct face-to-face assessment with a claimant.

The ESA50 wouldn't be used in isolation without an approved disability analyst's input, because the DM is not medically qualified and would therefore be unable to apply the descriptors in the context of a claimant's medical condition, and their fitness for work.

Thanks CD, that helps me decide too!!

Just as an aside, who is it that writes to your GP for information, well if they do, is it ATOS or the DWP?

ATOS carry out all medical services, on behalf of DWP/Government, they would send your G.P. an ESA113, which is a short questionnaire, or ask for a report as to your conditions.

I respect your decision, indeed as with mumsgirl wish you the best of luck.

I suppose I am just a very cynical person, and have a proactive attitude, (Trying to stop a bad event, rather than trying to rectify it after it happens),

Things would be O.K. if DWP/ATOS stuck to what they are supposed to do, unfortunately, even though regulations are "The Law", a lot of DWP/ATOS seem unwilling or unable to adhere to them, until forced to do so by an Appeals Tribunal.

I won't comment any further on this thread, as I do not want to influence people in deciding what is best for them.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.