× Members

Copy of medical report for ESA - 85

More
12 years 8 months ago #62889 by cmarie510
Copy of medical report for ESA - 85 was created by cmarie510
Hello Everyone,

I have had a medical for ESA and have been put in WRAG. I will attend my first meeting tomorrow. In the meantime I have had second thoughts about appealing (I just couldn't face it, even though I do feel I should be in Support). Thanks to all here for the encouragement.

Yesterday I called JobCentrePlus, and asked for a copy of the ESA85, the woman who answered the phone asked me what that was, so I explained and she then said she would transfer me to the Glasgow office.

A young woman answered and I asked again for a copy of the medical report/ESA85. She said she would send a email (to another department?) requesting it be sent to me. She double checked my address and I asked for her name. Finally she said it would take up to a week to receive it.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this sounds right? I was a little surprised that it would be so long (well, long when u only have 2 more weeks after receiving it to turn in the appeal form and that is)??

Thanks in advance for your time.

KIndest regards,
cmarie510

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62894 by craft
Replied by craft on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
i got mine after 2days after my medical.

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago #62895 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
cmarie510 wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have had a medical for ESA and have been put in WRAG. I will attend my first meeting tomorrow. In the meantime I have had second thoughts about appealing (I just couldn't face it, even though I do feel I should be in Support). Thanks to all here for the encouragement.

Yesterday I called JobCentrePlus, and asked for a copy of the ESA85, the woman who answered the phone asked me what that was, so I explained and she then said she would transfer me to the Glasgow office.

A young woman answered and I asked again for a copy of the medical report/ESA85. She said she would send a email (to another department?) requesting it be sent to me. She double checked my address and I asked for her name. Finally she said it would take up to a week to receive it.

Would anyone be able to tell me if this sounds right? I was a little surprised that it would be so long (well, long when u only have 2 more weeks after receiving it to turn in the appeal form and that is)??

Thanks in advance for your time.

KIndest regards,
cmarie510

CM,

You should have been able to obtain copy of your ESA85, from your local benefits office, (BDC) as the DM dealing with your claim there should have it.

With regard, to appealing, the time taken for the ESA85 to arrive is not relevant to this.

You can submit a written request for appeal (GL24), on the same day as you receive written confirmation of the decision, simply stating that you disagree with the decision, and very simply why.

You can then use an ESA85 etc to go into more detail afterwards.

cheers

bro58

More
12 years 8 months ago #62896 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
HI,

I was in the same postion as you, put in WRAG, asked for medical report, it took 3 weeks,arrived 1 day after my appeal closing date.
I have also asked for report showing how my points were awarded, 2 weeks later still waiting, rang jobcentreplus yesterday,who told me to ring atos,did this atos said they dont award the points,this is done by decision maker and that jobcentreplus are always passing the buck.
I have now contacted my MP.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
citymike wrote:

HI,

I was in the same postion as you, put in WRAG, asked for medical report, it took 3 weeks,arrived 1 day after my appeal closing date.
I have also asked for report showing how my points were awarded, 2 weeks later still waiting, rang jobcentreplus yesterday,who told me to ring atos,did this atos said they dont award the points,this is done by decision maker and that jobcentreplus are always passing the buck.
I have now contacted my MP.

See How to read an ESA85

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 8 months ago #62917 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
Gosh. Did you request it?

thank you for your reply.

cmarie

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.