× Members

Copy of medical report for ESA - 85

More
12 years 8 months ago #62965 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
Derek,

What happened to you reminded me of what a man I worked with once said. He said if he called a company or agency and was not pleased/impressed/satisfied with what the person told him he ALWAYS waited a while and then CALLED BACK to speak to another rep., just in case...

Good idea. Will use it tomorrow.

thank you always,
cmarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #62966 by cmarie510
Sorry Citymike,

I should have used "reply" instead of "quick reply" here was what i wanted to say to you:

OMG! What a run around! Horrible. I am going to follow Bro58's advice, make a decision first and then submit the GL24 if I decide to go for it.

Thanks for passing the news of your crap treatment on. You have definitely really helped me.

Kindest regards and best of luck to all of us.
cmarie

More
12 years 8 months ago #62967 by cmarie510
sorry, used quick reply...

Gosh. Did you request it?

thank you for your reply.

cmarie

More
12 years 8 months ago #62974 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
cmarie510 wrote:

Derek,

What happened to you reminded me of what a man I worked with once said. He said if he called a company or agency and was not pleased/impressed/satisfied with what the person told him he ALWAYS waited a while and then CALLED BACK to speak to another rep., just in case...

Good idea. Will use it tomorrow.

thank you always,
cmarie

Hi cmarie

The first time I ever phoned JCP to ask for a copy of my medical questionnaire and an old medical report, I was told that my old medical report is irrelevant and that I should remember what I wrote on the questionnaire. :laugh:

I suppose her latter comment was literally correct as I wrote almost nothing on the IB50, but when I phoned again the lady I spoke to was quite happy to send both documents.

Naturally if I had the knowledge I have now I would have corrected her and made a formal complaint against her for giving incorrect advice, expecting me to have photographic memory, questioning my honesty without good reason, etc.

Putting the phone down and ringing again can be a time saver even if it takes another half hour to get through, but it's important that all claimants know their rights when dealing with JCP, as each member of staff at their call centres seem to be a law unto themselves.

Regards

Derek

• bro58
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #62982 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Copy of medical report for ESA - 85
cmarie510 wrote:

Bro58,
You are absolutely right, I do not have to wait on it but I wanted to see if the decision maker had treated me appropriately/awarded points for all my difficulties. Well, I am going to my local JCP tomorrow, so I guess I can ask for it again, while I am there?? I will be getting the GL24 at the time.
So the woman at JCP who had no idea what I was asking for was?? incorrect? They should have a copy of it there? When you write BDC I am sorry but I do not know what that means. Is this another acronym for the JobCentrePlus??

thanks Bro58 for all your help. I will log-in tomorrow before I go, to see if you had a chance to come back to me.

CM,

BDC stands for Benefits Delivery Centre,

It's just the name that the DWP now uses for the local office that deals with your benefits, or claims for benefit.

That,s where your ESA85 should be, the address of your BDC, should be on any correspondance that you have, re : your benefits or claims.

good luck tommorrow,

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote

More
12 years 8 months ago #63042 by cmarie510
Putting the phone down and ringing again can be a time saver even if it takes another half hour to get through, but it's important that all claimants know their rights when dealing with JCP, as each member of staff at their call centres seem to be a law unto themselves.

..."a law unto themselves" ha ha ha ha! How true, and actually NOT FUNNY AT ALL.

Yes, first and foremost, we need to know our rights. Yes, yes, yes.

Thank you very much Derek,
cmarie

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.