× Members

ESA form deadline and medical

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #69941 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
It is worth watching just to see how they handle the situation.

How do they get away with this sort of thing?!

Sorry Gordon, I've turned this into a discussion :blush:

But it is very interesting :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #70211 by RachelPotter
Just a reminder; 2nd part of the Lord's committee meeting is now on the Parliament website. :)

Thx Rachel

Just in case members came straight to this page here is the link our mods supplied -

www.services.parliament.uk/bills/2010-11/welfarereform.html
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by . Reason: link addded

More
12 years 6 months ago #70231 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
michaelg wrote:

jamie wrote:

Hi Jamie

ATOS are usually the DWP's contractor for medical assessments, so they would write or phone to request you to attend, or in the case of some benefits such as DLA, normally carry it out at your home.

Regards

Michael

This worries me if they call for the medical. Amongst many other mental illnesses, I also have anxiety disorder and social phobia and I find answering the phone very difficult. I let it go onto answer machine. If they call and I did not answer, could that be seen as me not cooperating? I have been on ESA for a year and my deadline for my most recent ESA questionnaire was 28th September. I know my friends who are migrating from IB to ESA have had to receive a phone call, but last year when I was invited for a medical, they sent a letter.

• RachelPotter
12 years 6 months ago #70246 by RachelPotter
Hi Mel, don't worry about the phonecall, you don't have to answer it!

They will contact you in writing anyway so you wont miss out on anything.

I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is and even then I can't always do it.

The only verbal contact I had to have with ATOS pre assessment was to ring them to arrange appointment.

If I can't face it when the time comes again, I will ask my friend to do it for me.

Try not to worry.

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.