× Members

ESA form deadline and medical

• de1
12 years 5 months ago #69915 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
Thankyou Rachel you too. Sometimes I think it's good news it's taking this long, sometimes I think it's bad, but it sure is a nerve racking time. I always dread to see the post arrive and hear the phone ring. But so far I am still getting payment and the deadine has passed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jamie
12 years 5 months ago #69922 by jamie
Replied by jamie on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
been waiting three weeks and its agonising people say its a good sighn but i tend to think backlog and dread the postman every morning myself and everytime the phone rings i think hey up medical appointment slowly driving me crazy i have a friend who waited seven weeks and still got a medical its torture hope everyones goes well gl

More
12 years 5 months ago #69924 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
Rachel, it is just so stressful isnt it? Every day I look await the postman wondering if today is the day I will find out if I have a medical!

I am also on tenterhooks wondering whether the house of lords have amended the welfare reform bill, cos then, as I have already claimed ESA for 12 months, I understand from this site that it will be stopped immediately anyway!

• jamie
12 years 5 months ago #69925 by jamie
Replied by jamie on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
just a thought dont atos write to you first and tell you you dont need a medical or is this not done by them

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #69926 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
Hi, I too dread the postman arriving but in some ways just want to know one way or the other!

Jamie, I'm not sure. I failed my last medical and had to appeal, I am assuming this will happen all over again.

Mel, I watched some of the House of Lords debate which was yesterday. It may just be my ignorance but they didn't seem to acheive anything!

Best wishes,
Rachel

• michaelg
12 years 5 months ago #69927 by michaelg
Replied by michaelg on topic Re:ESA form deadline and medical
jamie wrote:

just a thought dont atos write to you first and tell you you dont need a medical or is this not done by them

Hi Jamie

ATOS are usually the DWP's contractor for medical assessments, so they would write or phone to request you to attend, or in the case of some benefits such as DLA, normally carry it out at your home.

Regards

Michael

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.