× Members

ESA65

More
12 years 5 months ago #70174 by greeneyedlad
ESA65 was created by greeneyedlad
hello

i have requested my ESA65 form 5 times by telephone & am still waiting (once i was told it didnt even exist)

i was awarded ESA WRAG with no atos medical. i only have a few days left if i want to appeal.

am i right in saying that the ESA65 is the Decision Makers Statement of Reasons & will show what points i scored on my ESA50 form??

i really dont know what to put as reasons for appeal without seeing what points i scored first. the ESA85a seems entirely based on my gps ESA113 form.

any members got similar storys?

thanks guys

martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
12 years 5 months ago #70176 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA65
Hi Martin, it would be best to go ahead and lodge your appeal straight away.

You can collect evidence together and send it in to the tribunal when you have it.

If you look at the guides, Steve gives a very good phrase to put on your form.

When you receive your appeal 'bundle' you will receive the forms that you have requested anyway.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
12 years 5 months ago #70177 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA65
Martin

Yes, the ESA65 should explain how the DM came to their Decision and what points you scored, for which tests.

The important thing here is to ensure your appeal is lodged with the DWP within the one month allowed, as failing to do this makes everything else, arbitary.

It is not necessary for you to be specific on the GL24 as to your reasons, you can for example state that you believe you supplied sufficient information to have been placed in the Support Group and that you will be more specific when you have received the ESA65.

As the DWP have failed to provide the ESA65 to date, it would be worth making the request in writing, this will ensure that there is a written record of your difficulties.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 5 months ago #70178 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Re:ESA65
hi Martin I had a similar situation and contacted my mp... who was no use BUT the parliamentary caseworker rang DWP twice and I got an apologetic phone call from DWP and the ESA85A two days later. BUT no ESA 65 just a 'reassessment' form saying I had at least 15 points so was in wrag but no support group descriptors [rubbish I have 5] nothing to say what the points were awarded for or why the HCP contradicted himself etc etc. There was a memo saying ESA65 s were only done if you were turned down for ESA completely :huh:
I would appeal as soon as you can. Follow the guides on here and list the support groupdescriptors your ESA50 showed you 'fit' adding there may be more you wish to appeal against but will have to see the paperwork first etc
good luck
Linda

More
12 years 5 months ago #70193 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Re:ESA65
thanks all for ur replys.

iv just been on the phone for an hour to DWP. the woman didnt have a clue what she was talking about & said there were no points. i explained that there MUST be at least 15 points for me to have been put in WRAG or else i would have been turned down for ESA & i wanted to know how many points i scored & more imnportantly on what descriptors. i actually felt sorry for the woman as she was nearly crying (as am i) she said that as i didnt have an atos medical i didnt score any points & that the ESA65 wasnt filled out. it sounds similar to your experiance Linda. i shall go ahead & appeal anyway, its just so frustrating.

thanks again

martin

More
12 years 5 months ago #70237 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA65
I think Linda may be correct in that an ESA65 is only issued to claimants found fit for work.

Whatever documents they have produced, you can make a subject access request for all the documents relating to your claim using the form below.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.