× Members

Revision?

More
12 years 3 months ago #75884 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Revision?
Louis Cyphre wrote:

Another problem I have got is...which benefit am I on?! After sending off the appeal form and being told by the local jobcentre that I am on ESA while appealing but I have not had any written confirmation of this nor have I been asked for a fit note but I got my Incapacity Benefit P45, what do I do with that!?

The P45 indicates that your IB claim has been closed, you need top keep this for tax purposes.

Your appeal is regarding an ESA claim, but in order to receive the Asessment rate you need to provide Fit Notes until your Tribunal hearing.

You should have received written confirmation of when your IB ends, failing that it will be the "to" date on the P45, you need to send Fit Notes covering the day after this onwards.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #76467 by Louis Cyphre
Replied by Louis Cyphre on topic Re:Revision?
It's getting worse, Now I have found out that my appeal has not been accepted due to invalid grounds, Said that I need a fit note, at no time what so ever over the phone or in writing have they ever asked me to provide one, I had to find this out myself, as they have sent no letter regarding this matter, I have asked for an explanation in writing and still not received anything.

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #77585 by Louis Cyphre
Louis Cyphre wrote:

After failing a medic and filling out the appeal form I got a letter back with a photocopy of the appeal form stating:
The law says we can only deal with an appeal when it has been made in the right way
We need more information please tell us in writing
Which decision you want to appeal against
The reason why you want to appeal against this decision, please provide additional medical information which will us to assess how your condition effects your daily life

this letter also states “we will decide if the appeal should go ahead” if I do this but also states that they will send it to the appeals tribunal service anyway and they will decide if my appeal goes ahead

I have already provided this information and want to know why they are asking for it again but this time in writing instead of forms, what I want to know is, is this a revision? and do I have to do this in order for my appeal to go ahead anyway?

After getting a Fit note declaring I am unfit to work, the jobcentre still will not accept my appeal unless I provide the additional information above in writing, can they do this? And why?

More
12 years 3 months ago #77586 by Gordon
Louis

When you completed the GL24 did you say what Decision you were appealing against, as I remember you being confused over what benefit you were actually on?

Did you complete section "8. Reasons" on the form?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #77589 by Louis Cyphre
Gordon wrote:

Louis

When you completed the GL24 did you say what Decision you were appealing against, as I remember you being confused over what benefit you were actually on?

Did you complete section "8. Reasons" on the form?

Gordon

Yes I did fill out the appeal form correctly but what is a good reason? This is what I put...
I wish to appeal against this decision as I do not consider that the very brief medic did not take into account the severity of my mental health conditions, a diagnosis of long term anxiety and depression or the way it affects my everyday activities.
I explained the everyday activities in additional medical information

More
12 years 3 months ago #77590 by Gordon
Louis

The only thing that stands out is that your reasons are addressed to the medic rather than the Decision Makers decision process, making it seem that you are arguing with the ATOS report and not the DMs decision.

Failing that, the only thing I can suggest is that you contact them and ask what it is they are asking you for, given that you have completed the GL24 in full and believe that you have already provided them with sufficient information and evidence in and with your ESA50, to proceed with a Reconsideration as a prelude to an appeal.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.