× Members

Revision?

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 4 months ago #77612 by Louis Cyphre
Replied by Louis Cyphre on topic Re:Revision?
Gordon wrote:

Louis

The only thing that stands out is that your reasons are addressed to the medic rather than the Decision Makers decision process, making it seem that you are arguing with the ATOS report and not the DMs decision.

Failing that, the only thing I can suggest is that you contact them and ask what it is they are asking you for, given that you have completed the GL24 in full and believe that you have already provided them with sufficient information and evidence in and with your ESA50, to proceed with a Reconsideration as a prelude to an appeal.

Gordon

They said there was not enough info and gave me a letter template which had on it "I wish for the decision on my claim to be reconsidered because..." so I addressed the letter to the Decision Maker instead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #78982 by Louis Cyphre
Update:
I have still not had a decision if I can appeal yet I keep ringing up and get nowhere fast! [the latest excuse was the computers have gone down! This has gone on now for 2 and half weeks] I need it now as my HB and CTB run out on the 11th Feb so the thing is, can I claim JSA while this decision is pending? Also can I limit my job search? [my fit note for 8 weeks on the 21st Nov runs out very soon as well] I need to be on a benefit very soon.

More
12 years 3 months ago #78987 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Revision?
Louis Cyphre wrote:

Update:
I have still not had a decision if I can appeal yet I keep ringing up and get nowhere fast! [the latest excuse was the computers have gone down! This has gone on now for 2 and half weeks] I need it now as my HB and CTB run out on the 11th Feb so the thing is, can I claim JSA while this decision is pending? Also can I limit my job search? [my fit note for 8 weeks on the 21st Nov runs out very soon as well] I need to be on a benefit very soon.

Have you escalated the situation to the Customer Services manager, this may require a call back. You may also want to think about making a formal complaint, see

Complaining to the DWP

Yes, you can apply for JSA and you can apply limitations to your contract with the DWP, however, the bottom line is that you must still actively seek work in order to qualify, and if your disabilities prevent this, you may be be creating a catch-22 for yourself.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79001 by Louis Cyphre
Complaining takes time which I haven't got, may do it later or can I do this next time I ring up? And ask 4 the Customer Services manager? And get this sorted out

• Louis Cyphre
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #79030 by Louis Cyphre
Would I get any back dated benefit from my fit note dated 21st Nov lasting 8 weeks IF I claimed JSA this week?

More
12 years 3 months ago #79031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Revision?
Louis Cyphre wrote:

Would I get any back dated benefit from my fit note dated 21st Nov lasting 8 weeks IF I claimed JSA this week?

As I understand it from previous posts, you are still waiting for the DWP to confirm that they have accepted your request for appeal. I assume therefore that you are not receiving the ESA Assessment rate at the moment.

As far as I am aware, if you claim JSA you will have to close your ESA claim, although any ESA appeal can continue, in which case you would be eligible, once you appeal is accepted, for a back payment from the date your IB was stopped until the date you close your ESA claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.