× Members

Ib to ESA transfer

• christie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80372 by christie
Ib to ESA transfer was created by christie
I'm going through the transfer now. sent in forms and ammendments and GP support letter. No word on medical or anything yet. My concern is if the worst happens and I'm not in support group after a year in WRAG will my house count as an 'ASSET'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago #80376 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
christie wrote:

I'm going through the transfer now. sent in forms and ammendments and GP support letter. No word on medical or anything yet. My concern is if the worst happens and I'm not in support group after a year in WRAG will my house count as an 'ASSET'.

Hi C,

With regards to the IRESA Assets Rules see this FAQ page, and the DWP.Gov link at the bottom of the page :

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

With respect to IRESA see also :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

bro58

• Rosered
12 years 3 months ago #80378 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
Do assets include your own home, and would this mean you would have to sell it before you got any help, if so what would happen until it got sold?

• christie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80383 by christie
Replied by christie on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
I think this also what I want to know. And if so where do you live? ALL VERY WORRYING!!!

• Rosered
12 years 3 months ago #80386 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
I live with my parets as part owner of a house, they don't want to move but if a share in assets counts what are you supposed to live on.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80388 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
no, the home in which you live is not counted

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.