× Members

Ib to ESA transfer

More
12 years 3 months ago #80391 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
Whilst there may be exceptions to the rule, the house you live in is not normally counted as an asset.

See Decision Makers Guide, Chapter 52, paragraph 52387 onwards.

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch52.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• christie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80394 by christie
Replied by christie on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
What a relief, I'll just be VERY POOR but not homeless!!

Thanks to all!

• christie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80429 by christie
After all I've read in the guides etc. would it be correct to assume that after one year in WRAG a small pension could mean that you get no money but your NI. contributions made,for as long as you qualify.

• bro58
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #80431 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
christie wrote:

After all I've read in the guides etc. would it be correct to assume that after one year in WRAG a small pension could mean that you get no money but your NI. contributions made,for as long as you qualify.

Yes C,

Any form of income, including the one that you mention would be counted in the "means test" which you would have to pass, to see whether you qualified for receipt of IRESA.

As you rightly say, you could still receive NI Credits, for as long as you continue to qualify for ESA, as per the ESA Works Capability Assessment. (WCA)

bro58
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by bro58.

• christie
  • Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #80441 by christie
If I got into Support Group which my doctor wants. Is that means tested?, or would the only change to my present circumstance be that I would be no longer tax exempt?.
I am trying to prepare for worst scenario as I no longer see consultants etc. as physically there is nothing else to do: SUBDURAL HAEMATOMA,CEREBELLA DEGENERATION. Mentally I am now stable without medication after many years of high dosage meds. and psychiatric input. So without any medical evidence other than my GP I'm not very hopeful. (my GP is a psychiatrist by the way.)Although stable just now my doc. feels I'm very 'fragile'.

More
12 years 3 months ago #80444 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Ib to ESA transfer
christie

It is not the Support Group or WRAG that is means tested but the version of ESA that a claimant receives.

A claimant receives Contributon Based ESA because they have satisfied the NI Contribution conditions.

If they do not meet the NIC requirements, but satisfy the means test, they are eligible for Income Related ESA.

In some limited circumstances a claimant can receive ESA(IR) as a top-up to their ESA(CB).

ESA(CB) is liable to tax.

Hope this explains it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.