× Members

27 years on IB

More
12 years 1 month ago #82108 by chrissy v
27 years on IB was created by chrissy v
I have just recieved the dreaded letter and i,m awaiting the phone call from the very nice man at DWP.I would like to know if anyones heard of someone in my position who for the last 27 years been on IB due to having spinal surgery which failed badly and left me with severe nerve damage being left with chronic pain. i also get the higher rate of DLA which i use under the Motability Schemeand have done for the last 20 years, i am 59 this year and if the government had,nt changed the goalposts on the pension age for women i would,nt be having this extra stress and anxiety. because iv,e been told that ATOS do not take much notice of someone like me thats in severe constant pain into account all they look for is what upper body movements you can make disregarding any pain or discomfort the person is in.

Any heipfull replies would be much appreciated, thank you chrissy v
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #82114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:27 years on IB
CW

I notice that your forum name may be your real name, if you want to change it follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82118 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:27 years on IB
Thats not right about the pain. In fact at a medical assessment you are not obliged to perform any activity that causes pain, and if a person cannot repeatedly/reliably do an activity

Make sure you get your doctor and/or other professional medical advisors to write and back your claim if they can be encouraged to do so.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #82139 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:27 years on IB
Thank you
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
More
12 years 1 month ago #82141 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:27 years on IB
Thanks for the info Xfactor, i don,t think it will help me much, as iv,e been told by someone in the know that if you manage to make it to the assessment center you,ve already failed, because you,ve travelled by whatever means to get there, so you,ve already broken the 10 minute sit down assessment, also if you can drive there yourself, so having a motability car counts for nothing.

Chrissy v
More
12 years 1 month ago #82147 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:27 years on IB
chrissy v wrote:

Thanks for the info Xfactor, i don,t think it will help me much, as iv,e been told by someone in the know that if you manage to make it to the assessment center you,ve already failed, because you,ve travelled by whatever means to get there, so you,ve already broken the 10 minute sit down assessment, also if you can drive there yourself, so having a motability car counts for nothing.

Chrissy v

Whilst the ATOS "doctor" will undoubtedly take into consideration how you got to the test centre and home again, it does not necessarily mean that you will fail the the medical as a result.

Claimants should be prepared to answer questions about their journey, and where appropriate explain what measures they have taken to allow them to do it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.