× Members

27 years on IB

More
12 years 1 month ago #83157 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Re:27 years on IB
Thank you bro58, maybe i,ll send copies of relevant meds to DWP also at least that way i will have covered both bases, and it can,t do any harm hopefully.

Chrissy V
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 1 month ago #83158 by chrissy v
Hi bro58, just thought i,d say i had to pay the £50 upfront , before the wheels get in motion, it may help anyone else who need their med records.

CV
  • bro58
12 years 1 month ago #83161 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re:27 years on IB
chrissy v wrote:

Hi bro58, just thought i,d say i had to pay the £50 upfront , before the wheels get in motion, it may help anyone else who need their med records.

CV

Yes CV, it is the norm to have to pay "up front".

Unfortunately you have been charged the maximum permitted, £50.

It seems to vary from one G.P. practice to another, we have heard from members who have paid far less than the £50 maximum.

See : Charging for medical records

bro58
More
12 years 1 month ago #83164 by chrissy v
bro58, not to worry thats just my luck really, so why change the habit of a lifetime, i never have been a lucky person, but then again the records i needed did start 42 years ago never mind.

CV
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83165 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic Re:27 years on IB
Well my GP did not come up trumps after all. So the uselss letter has gone to my CAB advisor and we are rewriting it and sending it back to the GP and asking them to put a letter together using the template. I will let you know how I get on.

Re med records, well different counties do have different policies on the storage of med records/and destruction policies. Nothing to do with a life span/ 25 years etc as written on the policy on med records. You can check yourself to what is really out there. ***** 5 years, ****** is 8 years b4 destruction if not visited in the hospital. Central records do not have all your records unless sent to them, it depends on how careful your GP has been. I have written to my GP to see what they have on file in the practice there. The GP is the one to ask for med records from central storage, well thats the answer I have received from here in *******. Everything has a cost and I am still waiting to find out what the costs are.

***** legal dept are looking into seeing if they have records on a visit to the pain management clinic at the hospital in ****** in 2002, the results were not sent to any GP, the same applies to ********** hospital in 2003. All NHS, but never result sent to a GP. so GP's are not always doing their job properly.So if it does not make its way to a GP file from a hospital, the report and scan/xray is destroyed.

Mod Edit. Names of hospitals etc deleted to protect members identity & for legal reasons
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law). Reason: See moderators edit.
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #83168 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:27 years on IB
This thread has significantly deviated from the original question and has now developed into a discussion about medical records, which is not within the remit of the forum.

Furthermore, frequent posts can be deleted in accordance with section 5 of the following FAQ:-

Why have you deleted my post?

No posts have been deleted from the thread, but as it has strayed off-topic the thread is now locked so no further replies can be submitted.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Crazydiamond.
Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.