× Members

The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

More
11 years 2 months ago #98119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

MariW wrote: Hi Gordon,
As I explained to bro58, my desktop is old and won’t update any higher than v 9.5. However, I’ve just viewed the PDF on two laptops belonging to a family member. Both have the latest Acrobat Reader 11 installed. Visibility is very much better. It’s possible to copy/ paste and save. However, there’s still only one tick box visible for mobility and other questions. If you can see everything one would expect it could be the PDF malfunctions in one or more ways depending on the exact version of Acrobat in use.

Until we have sight of a printed copy of the new ESA50 we have no way of knowing whether there should be one tick box or many, however, beyond the advice we have already given there is nothing that the B&W Mods can do about this, you need to contact the DWP if you believe there are problems with the form :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 months ago #98121 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

Gareth wrote: I recall the electronic version of the DLA form that if you overfilled the "more information" box with text then the text font automatically got smaller to accommodate the extra lines of text you were inserting.

Does this happen with this ESA e-version and if not what happens if you overfill the box with text?

I use a Mac so no doubt this version won't work! :(

Hi G,

I obviously don't know with this new version PDF ESA50, but with the ESA50 03/11, the text got smaller and smaller, so you had to make a decision as to when you should continue on a seperate A4.

bro58

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
11 years 2 months ago #98125 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

Until we have sight of a printed copy of the new ESA50 we have no way of knowing whether there should be one tick box or many, however, beyond the advice we have already given there is nothing that the B&W Mods can do about this, you need to contact the DWP if you believe there are problems with the form

Gordon

Hello again!

First, my thanks to Gordon, bro58, and forum users for their generosity and patience in replying to my post.

Secondly, I managed to persuade my PC into updating Acrobat Reader from version 9.5 to the current version XI. I have already viewed the new ESA50 with this version of the application. Across three computer systems, problems with the information/tick boxes are constant. In most, cases, it is fairly obvious where they ought to show up. Take these examples: “If you do not understand English or Welsh, or cannot talk easily in these languages, do you need an interpreter?” There is a tick box alongside “No” but nothing alongside “Yes”. The same is true of “Are you pregnant?” A claimant can tick “No” but not “Yes”, yet there is a box to say when the baby is due! In almost all cases, the absence/invisibility of a box is obvious. I wonder whether anybody who has had time to “have a go” with this version of the form has found it hassle free from a PDF/computer app perspective. It would be good to know before I email the DWP.

I remain troubled that the new ESA50 won’t let me inform ATOS that I’m not able to mobilise 50 metres. I shall more than compensate for this on the appended pages. The only good this I can see this far is the new question regarding conveyance of food, etc.

Anyway, thanks again everybody. And good luck to all who sail into the unknown with ESA50 28/13!

More
11 years 2 months ago #98210 by Goplacidly
Replied by Goplacidly on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question
I thought I'd cracked it but alas there are tick boxes missing too.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.