× Members

The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98050 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question
That's what I intend to do, bro58. Most answers require a couple of additional sheets. I posted a second query regarding the functioning of the new PDF. I'm using Acrobat Reader v 9.5. I can't upgrade because my PC is elderly. A number of information boxes and tick boxes don't appear to be there. Am I alone in having problems? The "old" form and all my other PDFs work fine. I might have to wait for the paper form but my manual skils are so poor I really need the PDF.
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #98060 by

MariW wrote: That's what I intend to do, bro58. Most answers require a couple of additional sheets. I posted a second query regarding the functioning of the new PDF. I'm using Acrobat Reader v 9.5. I can't upgrade because my PC is elderly. A number of information boxes and tick boxes don't appear to be there. Am I alone in having problems? The "old" form and all my other PDFs work fine. I might have to wait for the paper form but my manual skils are so poor I really need the PDF.

Hi MW,

Have you first saved it to your PC ?

See these notes at the start of the PDF :

"Help using this PDF claim form

In this PDF form we have introduced a special feature that lets you save it in
Adobe Reader 8.1.2 and later. This means that you no longer have to complete
the form in one session.

This form will only work if you:
• save it to your computer, then
• open it in Acrobat Reader version 8.1.2 or later."

You only need Adobe Reader 8.1.2 and later.

I have just entered text into the box, and the border of the box disapears, tried saving, and it doesn't save.

You may wish to contact :

Please contact the eService helpdesk.
Phone: 0845 601 80 40
Minicom (textphone): 0845 601 80 39
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

With any queries Re : the PDF.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by .

More
11 years 2 months ago #98064 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question
Yes, bro58. I save the PDF to my hard and opened it with Acrobat Reader version 9.5. That's high enough for all features to work. The problems quoted above seemed strange so I downloaded a second file and tried again. Same issue. You're having problems saving text. Can you see all the text/tick boxes that ought to be there?

More
11 years 2 months ago #98066 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question
Given these changes I presume if your mobility is reduced to 50m then this is still the cut off distance for the SG?

Ta

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 2 months ago #98069 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic The new ESA 50- mobilisation question

MariW wrote: Is anybody else experiencing problems with the PDF? I’ve downloaded two copies, opening them in Acrobat Reader 9.5. Information boxes seem to be missing. Tick boxes do not appear alongside all questions. The save function doesn’t work. The 03/11 form was fine.

I have done a quick check and had no problems, however, I am running version 10.1.5 of Reader, there should be an option to check for updates on the Reader Help menu.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

11 years 2 months ago #98073 by

MariW wrote: Yes, bro58. I save the PDF to my hard and opened it with Acrobat Reader version 9.5. That's high enough for all features to work. The problems quoted above seemed strange so I downloaded a second file and tried again. Same issue. You're having problems saving text. Can you see all the text/tick boxes that ought to be there?

Hi MW,

I will investigate further after the forum closes, as we are rather busy at present, in the mean time you could contact the help desk number if you wish. :)

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.