× Members

ATOS waiting times

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100112 by Mesozoic
ATOS waiting times was created by Mesozoic
Hello

In December 2011 I moved from Incapacity Benefit to ESA WRAG without a medical. The ATOS doctor stated that I was unlikely to return to work in the long term. Last December I was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers disease. After advice from CAB I wrote to DWP asking for a reconsideration. My year of WRAG money came to an end in January and I've still heard nothing. Can you tell me how long ATOS take over reconsiderations?

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100115 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ATOS waiting times
My own reconsideration took 6 months and that is towards the high end of normal. Have you phoned DWP to find out what is happening? I think I would still be waiting now if I hadn't, finally, managed to speak to a nice lady who got things moving for me!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mesozoic

More
11 years 2 months ago #100119 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS waiting times

Mesozoic wrote: Hello

In December 2011 I moved from Incapacity Benefit to ESA WRAG without a medical. The ATOS doctor stated that I was unlikely to return to work in the long term. Last December I was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimers disease. After advice from CAB I wrote to DWP asking for a reconsideration. My year of WRAG money came to an end in January and I've still heard nothing. Can you tell me how long ATOS take over reconsiderations?

Thanks in advance

Can I just confirm the dates; transferred from IB to ESA in 12/11, diagnosed with new condition and asked for Reconsideration in 12/12, ESA(CB) payments stopped in 01/13.

Reconsideration can take anywhere between 2 weeks at one extreme and 6 months at the other, however, I am concerned regarding the advice you have received.

A Reconsideration looks at the original Decision on your claim (12/11) and more importantly, your condiion at that time, so for your request to be successful you must be able to show that you met one or more of the descriptors for the Support Group at that time, your change in condition (12/12?) cannot be taken into account.

Have you had any confirmation from the DWP that they have received your Reconsideration request, if not, then you might want to conact the DWP office that deals with your claim to see what is going on with with it?

Have you submitted any additional evidence or a submission in connection with this request?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mesozoic, olivepeel

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100144 by Mesozoic
Replied by Mesozoic on topic ATOS waiting times
When I first wrote I told them of the diagnosis of early-onset Alzheimers. In January I was able to send a copy of the consultant's report that confirmed this. I have spoken to the DWP, but they told me that all paperwork was with ATOS and to contact them. All ATOS would say was that there are a lot of people ahead of me in the "queue" and no decision has yet been made.

More
11 years 2 months ago #100145 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS waiting times

Mesozoic wrote: When I first wrote I told them of the diagnosis of early-onset Alzheimers. In January I was able to send a copy of the consultant's report that confirmed this. I have spoken to the DWP, but they told me that all paperwork was with ATOS and to contact them. All ATOS would say was that there are a lot of people ahead of me in the "queue" and no decision has yet been made.

Can you confirm when you "first wrote"?

I am trying to understand whether your early onset Alzeimers was something that was affecting you when you completed the ESA50 in 2011? If it was, then it is something that the DWP can include in a Reconsideration, however, if it was not, then it outside the scope of the Reconsideration.

If your papers have been passed to ATOS, then either the Decision Maker has asked for medical advice, or they have requested a face to face assessment for you. If the former, then this team is in-house to the DWP and I would not expect the normal ATOS HealthCare contacts to be aware of this. If the latter, then this would be very unusal, given the time since the original Decision was made and the fact that a medical report already exists.

To be clear, ATOS do not make any Decisions on an ESA claim.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mesozoic

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #100146 by Mesozoic
Replied by Mesozoic on topic ATOS waiting times
I first wrote just after receiving the diagnosis. That would have been around 17th December last year. I think I may have been in the initial stages of this disease when I first claimed ESA although I didn't know it at the time. Because my condition was getting worse I went to my GP who referred me to the consultant. When I knew what was the matter I went to CAB and was told to ask the DWP for a supercession.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.