× Members

ATOS waiting times

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106861 by Mesozoic
Replied by Mesozoic on topic ATOS waiting times
Hello again! No news yet - but I'm puzzled by something. I called Atos today to see if I was due to be called for a WCA, and was asked for my GP's address as they were waiting for something from them. I thought that it was the claimant's responsibility to produce any medical evidence in a supersession. I was also told that Atos don't usually make appointments by telephone now, it's nearly always by letter. I'm afraid I'm getting more confused by all this rigmarole! :S
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106864 by
Replied by on topic ATOS waiting times

Mesozoic wrote: Hello again! No news yet - but I'm puzzled by something. I called Atos today to see if I was due to be called for a WCA, and was asked for my GP's address as they were waiting for something from them. I thought that it was the claimant's responsibility to produce any medical evidence in a supersession. I was also told that Atos don't usually make appointments by telephone now, it's nearly always by letter. I'm afraid I'm getting more confused by all this rigmarole! :S

Hi M,

Although not the norm, DWP/ATOS sometimes send an :

ESA 113 Questionnaire to a claimant's G.P.

See : "2.2 ESA113" on page 6 of the document below :

G.P.’s Completing Medical Reports for DWP

ATOS can still make face to face appointments by telephone.

However, you do not have to take any such call, you must be given at least 7 clear days notice for a face to face.

Appointments can be made earlier than the 7 days, but only if the claimant agrees.

Whether you answer the call, or not, you should receive written confirmation.

It is not a definite that you will have a face to face assessment, many claimants are assessed on paper alone.

If they have sent an ESA113 to your G.P., this "MAY" be an indication that they are going to assess you on paper only.

It may be worthwhile ringing your G.P. practice, if they have received an ESA113, you may be able to provide some input into your G.P.'s response.

Please keep us updated.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108898 by Mesozoic
Hello, I'm here again!

Still no news and it's now getting on for 8 months since I first requested this supersession. But just a thought: if the Powers Beyond decide I don't qualify for the Support Group, would I be entitled to appeal?
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108900 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS waiting times

Mesozoic wrote: Hello, I'm here again!

Still no news and it's now getting on for 8 months since I first requested this supersession. But just a thought: if the Powers Beyond decide I don't qualify for the Support Group, would I be entitled to appeal?

If the DWP do not make a Decision in your favour then you can appeal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mesozoic

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #109799 by Mesozoic
STILL waiting, and have enlisted the support of my local CAB, as I can't face it myself anymore.
Last week CAB made enquiries to the DWP who told them they would ring me at home. They didn't.
Today CAB made 3 phonecalls on my behalf, to the DWP, to Atos, and to Atos's HQ. The DWP state my supersession is at the 'pre-board' stage and confirmed that they requested a WCA for me on 14th January. They also said they had received a letter from my consultant. CAB queried why they had not contacted me last week; they said they had but 'were not able to get through'. Atos denied that they had received this report and that for more information to contact their HQ. Their HQ said they would look into it and would ring me back this afternoon. I'm not holding my breath, but what would you advise I do now?

More
10 years 8 months ago #109805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ATOS waiting times

Mesozoic wrote: STILL waiting, and have enlisted the support of my local CAB, as I can't face it myself anymore.
Last week CAB made enquiries to the DWP who told them they would ring me at home. They didn't.
Today CAB made 3 phonecalls on my behalf, to the DWP, to Atos, and to Atos's HQ. The DWP state my supersession is at the 'pre-board' stage and confirmed that they requested a WCA for me on 14th January. They also said they had received a letter from my consultant. CAB queried why they had not contacted me last week; they said they had but 'were not able to get through'. Atos denied that they had received this report and that for more information to contact their HQ. Their HQ said they would look into it and would ring me back this afternoon. I'm not holding my breath, but what would you advise I do now?

As you now have an advisor I am limited on the advice I can give, but I would be thinking about a formal complaint to ATOS about how they have managed your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mesozoic

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.