× Members

Why have descriptors if they are not going them ?

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102662 by bro58

bro58 wrote:

Buckie wrote: I have decided to Appeal my ESA Decision despite the previous DLA Appeal experience. As after a good nights sleep we have looked back on yesterdays events and came to the conclusion that the Appeal Board were stressed out after a hard long day as they were also running an hour and a half late, so have taken this as the excuse they were a bit more harsh on us, and going by posts in here Appeals appear to be a more relaxed experience than we encountered.

On my ESA Appeal, should I enclose the list of documents I want from the DM along with my Appeal Form ? Or, do you wait until your Appeal is accepted first before requesting those documents ?

Thanks in advance ...

Hi B,

You should submit your appeal, and request any documents as separate issues :

Appeal using GL24, (You can mention that you have requested documentation within the GL24, and will provide any relevant information when you receive them)

Requesting documentation using a SAR :

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

The DM (Appeals Team) will deal with your GL24, The DWP Data Controller will deal with your SAR.

See this post from this afternoon :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=97688#102638

bro58

Therefore, you could issue your SAR now, and your GL24 within the one month deadline.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102674 by Buckie
Ah, I see...
Although I did mean the letter to the Decision Maker asking for the information he has that enabled him to make his decision with my ESA application. ( letter on page 12, The ESA85, The ESA85A, The ESA113, and any other material that enabled him to make the decision to refuse me ESA)

Should I send that letter/request with my appeal to the DWP ?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago #102677 by bro58

Buckie wrote: Ah, I see...
Although I did mean the letter to the Decision Maker asking for the information he has that enabled him to make his decision with my ESA application. ( letter on page 12, The ESA85, The ESA85A, The ESA113, and any other material that enabled him to make the decision to refuse me ESA)

Should I send that letter/request with my appeal to the DWP ?

Hi B,

As previously advised, you can issue a request for documentation in the form of a letter, or the SAR form now, and your appeal later.

You could send the request for documentation with your appeal, if your appeal form is ready to go now.

However, you should take into account that any request for personal information/documentation can take around 40 days to arrive, and on receipt, it will be sent forward to The DWP Data Controller, and not dealt with by the DWP DM Appeals Team.

bro58

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102689 by Buckie
Thanks .... ;)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.