× Members

Fibromyalgia or go with Symptoms of it???

More
10 years 8 months ago #108825 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???

CLINE wrote: Thank you Gordon for the reply.
Sorry to be dim, please could someone explain the meaning in understand the descriptors and the elements of it and not the question?
Are they trick questions?
Another thing puzzling me is the reference to wheelchairs as so far I have not seen it mentioned.
No doubt me being dim again :unsure:
Thanks again for the help
Saw my GP this morning he is going to do a letter of support for me Thankfully
He doesn't think it is a good idea that I print info on FMS to send at he believes that all GP's are now fully aware of the condition.....Not so sure
Cline :*)

I would not say that the questions are trick, but they at best a summary of the far more detailed ESA Descriptors and it is the Descriptors that you will be assessed against. A good example of this is the wheelchair that you mention in your post, Question 1 makes no reference to one and yet if you read the Mobilising Descriptor you will see that your ability to use one will be assessed.

It is also important to understand how you score points, as an example; just because you can mobilise 50m does not mean that you cannot score 9 points for being unable to mobilise 100m.

In regard your sending details about FMS, you certainly need to be careful that you do not send reams of paper about your condition, however, the Decision Maker is not medically trained, and something that explains your illness in layman's terms made allow then to make a positive Decision, where the lack of it might result in an adverse one.

As an aside, I disagree with your GP's comment about FMS, if only it were the case. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #108852 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???
Hi

As fellow FMS sufferer I also sent off some info about my condition this time around, just a couple of sheets of A4 in a clear and easy to understand format. It was actually a piece I found that was written to friends and family of anyone with FMS so not heavy on all the medical jargon. I felt it explained things a lot better than I could and was good at describing all the main symptoms and limitations of the condition.

I wish I shared your GP's optimism. I'm with Gordon on this one. I am a member of a Fibromyalgia forum and the stories I hear about members GP's would make your hair curl. There is still a lot of ignorance and an alarming lack of up to date knowledge about the latest treatment options out there. Some medics still do not even recognise it as a proper syndrome, although it is accepted by the DWP and the WHO and the NHS as I said before.

It's up to you but if you can find a short piece on Fibromyalgia that isn't too technical or scientific it might be an idea to include it. There are several good Fibro websites out there that have plenty of information you can access. Good luck.

More
10 years 8 months ago #108893 by CLINE
Replied by CLINE on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???
Thanks Gordon for explaining and I now understand
Thanks Madcatwomen for your reply and supportive advice. I also agree with you and Gordon and have found a one page print out on FMS symptoms that also explains some limitations. Also read other conditions I have on it that I didn't realise were common to fellow sufferers. I have been in the denial stage since diagnosis and deal with things as they come. I find it easier than knowing what to expect (just my way)
Thank you all for usual great advice :*)
Cline

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #111998 by CLINE
Replied by CLINE on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symptoms of it???
Hello All,
I wanted to update my original post and so others with conditions such as mine can see that you can get a successful result.
I have been placed in the support group without medical. The whole process took 6 weeks and I know that I have been blessed by the members and moderators on this site, and somehow at the other end of the spectrum ATOS and the DWP have come good on this occassion..
Thanks again
Cline X
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112001 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symptoms of it???

CLINE wrote: Hello All,
I wanted to update my original post and so others with conditions such as mine can see that you can get a successful result.
I have been placed in the support group without medical. The whole process took 6 weeks and I know that I have been blessed by the members and moderators on this site, and somehow at the other end of the spectrum ATOS and the DWP have come good on this occassion..
Thanks again
Cline X

Many congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.