× Members

Fibromyalgia or go with Symptoms of it???

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108588 by CLINE
Replied by CLINE on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???
Hello All,
I have received my 'white envelope' and have until the end of August to return it. I have dug out my dla atos medical report from 2009 (hrm/mrc) indefinately, hoping that will help transfer from IB to ESA. I am seeing my GP this week who has already offered to help me with transfer when I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I also have an appointment with an adviser who will help me complete the form but not until the 23 August.
My question is what else should I take along? I was thinking of almost completing the form on blank paper using the guidance notes here. Also printing out information on Fibromyalgia and how it effects you in case the adviser does not have information about it. Thanking a previous member for that hint :) I had an accident recently and needed physio for whiplash injury but the manipulation was so painful due to FMS that I was unable to continue, not sure whether or not to mention that in the form?
Thank you
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #108590 by

CLINE wrote: Hello All,
I have received my 'white envelope' and have until the end of August to return it. I have dug out my dla atos medical report from 2009 (hrm/mrc) indefinately, hoping that will help transfer from IB to ESA. I am seeing my GP this week who has already offered to help me with transfer when I was diagnosed 2 years ago. I also have an appointment with an adviser who will help me complete the form but not until the 23 August.
My question is what else should I take along? I was thinking of almost completing the form on blank paper using the guidance notes here. Also printing out information on Fibromyalgia and how it effects you in case the adviser does not have information about it. Thanking a previous member for that hint :) I had an accident recently and needed physio for whiplash injury but the manipulation was so painful due to FMS that I was unable to continue, not sure whether or not to mention that in the form?
Thank you

Hi C,

You could start filling in The Pdf version of the ESA50, then take that along with the paper version to the appointment you have with the adviser.

The important issue is to ensure that the ESA50 whether it be the paper version or a print off of the Pdf version is returned to ATOS by the deadline given.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "New ESA50 form"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Remember, it is the limitations caused by your conditions that may or may not qualify you for The WRAG or The SG, by fulfilling the relevant descriptors.

Any letters of support from your G.P. or other treating HCP, should ideally show how and why you qualify under the descriptors, and if your G.P. is to make a statement such as you are unfit for work, that will only help with getting into the WRAG, to gain access to The SG you need to show that you are also unfit to take part in work related activity.

Any evidence that helps to show a proper diagnosis of your condition, and the limitations that you suffer as a result of said condition, should help.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

More
10 years 9 months ago #108619 by lindat
Replied by lindat on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???
So sorry for not replying sooner :blush: hope it's ok with the mods to give this info if not I understand. I read an article in fms uk magazine back in 2004 written by Dr Devin Starlanl, an American gp who has fms and cmp (chronic myofacial pain ) yeah I know a gp who totally understands :woohoo: I sent with DLA and esa info from her website... Google her. Nhs choices bit on fms is getting much better too. I said the info on fms and cmp was to aid the dm and hcp in understanding these illnesses and i I could send a lot more if they wished. I also sent submissions from my family who gave examples of for example, how I meet the support group descriptor for mobility ie they went with me to so and so on so and so date and I mobilised with a wheeled walker for ... metres etc. Everyone with fms is different but it helps I think if the dm and hcp understand that, and then how it disables YOU. I gave examples to each question. I hope this all makes sense :blink: struggling a bit.
Good luck
LINDA
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108733 by CLINE
Thank Linda for your help :)
Thanks too to Bro58 I am filling in ESA50 online right now!!
Going to print and take with me to CAB appt on 23 Aug.
Thought I would ask GP his advice when I see him on the sort of information to print and send with form to give factual info on my condition (don't want to teach ATOS to suck eggs do I) :laugh:
It is so very upsetting to sit down and write about yourself Holy Moly isn't it just...
Question please: on mobility questions do you just repeat yourself as the answer is relevent to
both walking and stairs for instance?
Any help or advice will be lapped up by myself as I am rather down
Thanks all
Cline
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #108756 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fibromyalgia or go with Symtoms of it???

CLINE wrote: Thank Linda for your help :)
Thanks too to Bro58 I am filling in ESA50 online right now!!
Going to print and take with me to CAB appt on 23 Aug.
Thought I would ask GP his advice when I see him on the sort of information to print and send with form to give factual info on my condition (don't want to teach ATOS to suck eggs do I) :laugh:
It is so very upsetting to sit down and write about yourself Holy Moly isn't it just...
Question please: on mobility questions do you just repeat yourself as the answer is relevent to
both walking and stairs for instance?
Any help or advice will be lapped up by myself as I am rather down
Thanks all
Cline

Do not be afraid to repeat yourself if it is required. This is about making the form fit your requirements, not the other way around.

So if tick boxes do not fit then do not feel forced to tick one, mark it as see below and explain your limitation in the comment box.

If you run out of space in the comment box then continue on a blank page, just make sure you provide a clear link to and from the form, also extra pages should have your full name, National Insurance Number and date of birth.

Make sure you understand the Descriptor and all of it's elements, not the question on the ESA50, before you answer.

Do not forget, you can always come back to the forum if there is anything you do not understand.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLINE

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #108813 by CLINE
Thank you Gordon for the reply.
Sorry to be dim, please could someone explain the meaning in understand the descriptors and the elements of it and not the question?
Are they trick questions?
Another thing puzzling me is the reference to wheelchairs as so far I have not seen it mentioned.
No doubt me being dim again :unsure:
Thanks again for the help
Saw my GP this morning he is going to do a letter of support for me Thankfully
He doesn't think it is a good idea that I print info on FMS to send at he believes that all GP's are now fully aware of the condition.....Not so sure
Cline :*)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.