× Members

wrag group appeal

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107106 by Mags
atos medical was created by Mags
Well its the dreaded day tomorrow, :( at least its an early morning appointment so shouldn't be cancelled, it's a half hour drive there so don't want to waste hubby having to have the morning off work to take me. Keep trying to read through everything but afraid half an hour later I've forgotten it and have to read all over again, :angry: so I've given up, what will be will be and I'm expecting the worst.

My question is how long will it take to find the results and I need to get which form for my medical results, please? I intend to appeal a fit for work result, if I can get my act together in the time allowed.

Mags :)
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107107 by
Replied by on topic atos medical

Mags wrote: Well its the dreaded day tomorrow, :( at least its an early morning appointment so shouldn't be cancelled, it's a half hour drive there so don't want to waste hubby having to have the morning off work to take me. Keep trying to read through everything but afraid half an hour later I've forgotten it and have to read all over again, :angry: so I've given up, what will be will be and I'm expecting the worst.

My question is how long will it take to find the results and I need to get which form for my medical results, please? I intend to appeal a fit for work result, if I can get my act together in the time allowed.

Mags :)

Hi M,

The ESA85 Medical Report will be generated at the time of the assessment, it will then be finalised and sent to the DWP DM electronically after the assessment.

I am afraid that it is hard to say how long the DM will actually take to come to a decision.

If the DM is thinking of giving a fit for work decision, they may try and contact you by phone or write to you, to see whether you have any further evidence to offer to change their mind.

You should receive a written decision notice no matter what the outcome. If you then wished to appeal an adverse decision, you would have one month from the date of that letter to do so.

See : ESA medical – what forms to ask for? , with respect to any documents that you may wish to request after you have received a decision.

See also : ESA Medical – What to expect

Good luck with the face to face assessment tomorrow, please come back to provide an update. :)

bro58

More
10 years 10 months ago #107108 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic atos medical
Thanks bro, will do.

Mags

More
10 years 10 months ago #107109 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic atos medical
Good luck for tomorrow - I hope that both the assessment and decision are far better than you are anticipating.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mags

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107180 by Mags
Replied by Mags on topic atos medical
Well that was interesting! Arrived 15 mins before appointment, went to "book" in and the receiptionist was hunting for something while I was signing in. Went back into waiting room and waited nearly 40 mins before she called me back. Said she could not find my file, had I filled in an ESA50 form, as it had not been sent with the rest, and because of my conditions I could not have my f2f without my file, so she was very sorry but could not have my f2f today. Asked when next would be, she rang to Leeds for me to make an appointment and again said she was very sorry but she couldn't make me another appointment, one would be sent to me through the post, as I was a doctor case and they did not know when a doctor would be available in my area again. If I could not attend that one she gave me a number to ring to cancel and rearrange, writing on the form that I had to say I was a Doctor case only if I needed to rearrange.

So what to make of it, took six months to get this far, wondered if I have muddled them with sending the evidence last week. I think they have misplaced my file and I think they will send me another ESA50 form?

Will keep you informed :)

Mags

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107188 by
Replied by on topic atos medical

Mags wrote: Well that was interesting! Arrived 15 mins before appointment, went to "book" in and the receiptionist was hunting for something while I was signing in. Went back into waiting room and waited nearly 40 mins before she called me back. Said she could not find my file, had I filled in an ESA50 form, as it had not been sent with the rest, and because of my conditions I could not have my f2f without my file, so she was very sorry but could not have my f2f today. Asked when next would be, she rang to Leeds for me to make an appointment and again said she was very sorry but she couldn't make me another appointment, one would be sent to me through the post, as I was a doctor case and they did not know when a doctor would be available in my area again. If I could not attend that one she gave me a number to ring to cancel and rearrange, writing on the form that I had to say I was a Doctor case only if I needed to rearrange.

So what to make of it, took six months to get this far, wondered if I have muddled them with sending the evidence last week. I think they have misplaced my file and I think they will send me another ESA50 form?

Will keep you informed :)

Mags

Hi M,

I am sorry to hear of this.

It seems to be happening quite a lot to our members, for one reason or another.

You could complain to ATOS by e-mailing :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you are going to communicate with ATOS, I would keep it in writing, by e-mail, rather than over the phone.

Please do keep us updated.

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.