× Members

ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #110596 by waqqy
Hi

As most of you know, I was scheduled to have my PIP assessment today, drove 70miles to the centre to be told it was CANCELLED !!! I was absolutely fuming, had to get people to book work off which was unpaid, because last minute, paid for fuel etc and to be told this. They didn't really seem to care that it was so uncomfortable and a struggle for me to come down and to be told this, when I rang yesterday at 6.30 and they confirmed the appointment was still going ahead, so angry. They told me that my notes hadn't been sent over to the assessor, and then when I rang them, they said the assessor was not available when she clearly was, because I spoke to her. I've asked them for a home visit now because no way in hell am I going back again and being messed about, so inconsiderate of them, as they didn't even bother contacting me to tell me it's been cancelled. I've read online that people have had same problem with ATOS , looks like it's the same with CAPITA.

Sorry to rant, had to let some steam off somewhere :P
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Leofwen
10 years 7 months ago #110600 by Leofwen
Replied by Leofwen on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA
If I were in your shoes I would be angry too, so rant as much as you like. It is so inconsiderate and a clear example of how not to treat people with respect and dignity!

Hope you are assessed soon; wonder how they would feel if they get to your house and you cancel them! Lol

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #110605 by waqqy
Replied by waqqy on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA
Tell me about it, and it wasn't only me, was others an all that were cancelled on, but didn't know about it and the assessor was RUDE, I go to her, can't you ring and get my notes, I'll wait as long as you like, she goes no I have another appointment soon, ring later to get a new appointment !! I felt like ringing the DWP and saying what type of people you hiring, and that they could shuv there assessment lol but calmed down.

Any advice from anyone here ??? has this happened to anyone else ?

More
10 years 7 months ago #110606 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA
waqqy

The following appears to the Capita's complaint page, I would certainly consider making one and asking for compensation, they do not have to give it, but if you do not ask. :)

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: waqqy

10 years 7 months ago #110609 by
Hi w,

Sorry to hear of your cancellation !!!

As Gordon says, I would certainly be claiming back all out of pocket expenses, and some compensation.

If they won't cough up, take them to the small claims court !!!

bro58

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #110611 by waqqy
Replied by waqqy on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA

bro58 wrote: Hi w,

Sorry to hear of your cancellation !!!

As Gordon says, I would certainly be claiming back all out of pocket expenses, and some compensation.

If they won't cough up, take them to the small claims court !!!

bro58

Thanks

Will deffo be putting a complaint in !! and will only have a home assessment now, they are no longer pulling the strings. I've gone to where they wanted me to, and if they are not bothered to do there job properly then that's there fault

Thanks again guys
W

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.