× Members

ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111074 by waqqy
Replied by waqqy on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA

bro58 wrote:

waqqy wrote: hey guys

feeling very nervous / anxious ,, feel sick and no appetite lol cannot stomach anything until this is over, i've not feel this nervous about anything in a very long time.

Any last minute tips or anything :P

Cheers
W

Hi w,

It is only to be expected that you will be nervous, as it is an unknown quantity.

If you have someone there with you, they can take notes, they could even record the session covertly, but if you are to do this, make sure the Capita HCP doesn't know of it, otherwise they can stop the assessment.

Make sure you fully explain your limitations, and do not let yourself be forced in to any particular answers.

If you are asked to carry out any physical activities that cause pain, make sure that you make them aware of this.

If you can't do something without severe pain, tell them why you can't do it, don't simply refuse to do it.

Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) and best of luck !!! :)

Reports that we have received thus far are that the PIP assessments are being carried out in a polite and professional manner.

bro58

Thanks buddy :)

Will report back in the evening, hopefully they actually turn up though !!
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 7 months ago #111078 by

waqqy wrote:

bro58 wrote:

waqqy wrote: hey guys

feeling very nervous / anxious ,, feel sick and no appetite lol cannot stomach anything until this is over, i've not feel this nervous about anything in a very long time.

Any last minute tips or anything :P

Cheers
W

Hi w,

It is only to be expected that you will be nervous, as it is an unknown quantity.

If you have someone there with you, they can take notes, they could even record the session covertly, but if you are to do this, make sure the Capita HCP doesn't know of it, otherwise they can stop the assessment.

Make sure you fully explain your limitations, and do not let yourself be forced in to any particular answers.

If you are asked to carry out any physical activities that cause pain, make sure that you make them aware of this.

If you can't do something without severe pain, tell them why you can't do it, don't simply refuse to do it.

Try not to worry (easier said than done, I know) and best of luck !!! :)

Reports that we have received thus far are that the PIP assessments are being carried out in a polite and professional manner.

bro58

Thanks buddy :)

Will report back in the evening, hopefully they actually turn up though !!

Hi w,

You should remember that much like an ESA F2F assessment, observations will be made by the Capita HCP, and assumptions may be made from such observations.

Here is hoping that they do actually turn up.

bro58

More
10 years 7 months ago #111079 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA
Here's some (((hugs))) to take with you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: waqqy

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago #111080 by waqqy
aww thanks :) && I'm pretty bad today pain wise, so will be limited to what I can do , also got a raised chair to sit on, as sofas are pretty low and can barely get out of them.

Just hope it goes as well as planned :)

Thanks again guys
will talk to u all soon x

More
10 years 7 months ago #111093 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic ANGRY :( - PIP ASSESSMENT W/ CAPITA
All the best hope all goes in your favour.

Chrissy v

• waqqy
  • Topic Author
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #111099 by waqqy
After all the worry, feeling nervous, close to a panic attack and feeling crappy. I rang at 4pm to ask it was still going ahead and you won't believe this, they go that no one is going to come over, CANCELLED AGAIN !!! I was absolutely fuming, furiouss at the poor girl on the phone, who do they think they are ??? how can they do this, I rang the DWP and said I have no confidence in them, they liked to me twice now, so what faith do I have in them doing my assessment correctly ? NONE. My god I am not happy at all, I've written a 2 page complaint letter and want it put to the Director, people are are unwell and need help don't deserve to be treated like this :( now I have to wait till next Friday but am not keeping my hopes up
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.