× Members

DLA Renewal

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112524 by ka
Replied by ka on topic DLA Renewal
Just to clarify, I understand I will now be entitled to the Severe Disability Premium for my ESA. Does this replace the Enhanced Disability Premium / Disability Income Guarantee I receive for being in the Support Group or will I receive both?

Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112529 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Renewal

ka wrote: Just to clarify, I understand I will now be entitled to the Severe Disability Premium for my ESA. Does this replace the Enhanced Disability Premium / Disability Income Guarantee I receive for being in the Support Group or will I receive both?

Thanks

It should be payable as well as the EDP, providing that you live alone and nobody receives Carers Allowance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #112531 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Renewal
That is great news Ka! thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 6 months ago #112540 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic DLA Renewal
Well Done Ka

Does your New DLA Rates Start from Now, or when your current DLA award was due to end
in mid Feb 2014 ?

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 6 months ago #112555 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic DLA Renewal
They will start from the date the DWP Decision Maker awarded the new rates which was 24 October 2013.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112583 by ka
Replied by ka on topic DLA Renewal
Actually, on the letter it says the decision runs from 16th October.

The process of applying for the SDP on my ESA is ridiculous. Have to wait for an IS10 form to be posted to me, can't get the form any other way. It is silly that I need to apply for the premium when they already hold all the information - i.e. they know I live alone, no one gets carers allowance for me and that I am entitled to the relevant component of DLA.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris