× Members

ESA85A

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #112693 by killbot99
ESA85A was created by killbot99
Hi

I received my copy of the ESA85A today, following my successful re-assessment into the SG group. As I suspected I met the mobilising descriptor as I did last time. One thing I am puzzled about is that the decision was reached using my ESA form and an ESA113 from my GP.

However my GP said she had received no communication from Atos this time around, but the report does mention many of my more recent medical problems such as depression and anxiety, as well as my physical problems. So I am confused but pleased the report has finally materialised.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112696 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85A

madcatwoman wrote: Hi

I received my copy of the ESA85A today, following my successful re-assessment into the SG group. As I suspected I met the mobilising descriptor as I did last time. One thing I am puzzled about is that the decision was reached using my ESA form and an ESA113 from my GP.

However my GP said she had received no communication from Atos this time around, but the report does mention many of my more recent medical problems such as depression and anxiety, as well as my physical problems. So I am confused but pleased the report has finally materialised.

You can always request a copy of the ESA113, it may have been completed by another GP at the practice, although I would have expected that to be recorded in your records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: killbot99

More
10 years 6 months ago #112697 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic ESA85A
Hi

I am seeing my GP on Monday so will check again. I never see any GP but my own so I would have thought it unlikely anyone else could have filled in the ESA113 but will definitely check. Thank you for the reply.

• del
10 years 6 months ago #112701 by del
Replied by del on topic ESA85A
Note sure if this is of any help. When I was searching for information to gather for my appeal I am sure I read that forms from your previous assessment can be used with current assessment. As is normal for me, I cannot remember where I read the information or what forms were referred to :blush:

Mods might have more information on this.

• del
10 years 6 months ago #112702 by del
Replied by del on topic ESA85A
Oh should also say my ESA85A stated a Med3 was used by ATOS. I questioned that as I knew it to be incorrect, told it was a standard letter and Med3 had not actually been used.

More
10 years 6 months ago #112706 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85A

del wrote: Note sure if this is of any help. When I was searching for information to gather for my appeal I am sure I read that forms from your previous assessment can be used with current assessment. As is normal for me, I cannot remember where I read the information or what forms were referred to :blush:

Mods might have more information on this.

Our understanding is that information from a previous assessment is unlikely to be used during the assessment process.

We are aware that it may be used when transferring onto ESA from another benefit, there is no reason why it should not be used for re-assessments, however, based on feedback in the forum, based on requests for documents, it simply does not happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris